cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing network without remote

Hi guys I'm stuck in a rut. I have changed network provider, have lost my original remote so was using Roku on my phone. I can't pick up a device on my roku as my Now tv box is still on old network but can't change it as I have no remote!!! Ideas??
8 REPLIES 8
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As I see it, you have several options:

1. Go onto chat and ask if they can sell you a replacement remote.

2. Buy a Logitec Harmony remote, which can replace 8 or 16 remotes depending on the model.

3. A one-for-all remote might work, but I don't have any experiance of those.

4. I'm sure someone else will pop along with more suggestions.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you got any friends or family members who have either got the white or black nowtv box where you can borrow the remote controller just to setup your box on your new wifi home network, then you can revert back to the Roku remote controller app has before ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks am just going to have to watch on other devices for now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks am just go to watch on other devices for now
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There's two ways round the problem without resorting to finding a remote.

The easiest is just to change the wireless network name and password on your new router to match the name and password that you used to use on your old router, then unplug the NOW TV box for a minute. When you power it back up, it will connect to your new router thinking it is still the old one. Most routers will let you change the wireless name (sometimes called SSID or wireless SSID). Check the info that came with your router and/or contact your Broadband helpline if you need help logging into the router and making the change. Also bear in mind once you've made the change, you will need to update your phone and other wireless devices to the new name and password as well.

Alternately, if you still have your old router, unplug your NOW TV box, then power up the old router (just the power supply, don't connect the telephone cable to it) Wait a few minutes and then power up the NOW TV box and it should connect to the old router as normal. Then change your phone wireless settings so it also connects to the old router. Obviously there will be no internet connection but because your box and remote app are now connected to the old wireless network again you can use the remote app to control your box. On the NOW TV box go to

Settings > Network > Set up new wireless connection

and then set up the box to connect to your new router's wifi network. Then set your phone back up on the new network as well and away you go. You can then unplug your old router and put it away again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

You can purchase a new remote control from Sky Accessories by following the link below 🙂

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

Thanks

Andy

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User, you could of course buy a second box. Amazon are currently selling the black box with a 3 month entertainment pass for only £14.99. A give-away at that price.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone you've all been really helpful! Xx