cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Catchup services

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything that matched my problem.

Basically my white box works fine for most things: now tv movies, live movie channels, youtube videos. However, the catchup services are unwatchable, taking a long time to load and with frequent buffering.

BBC iPlayer runs fine on my android tablet in the same location so I can't figure out what's going on.

Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Others have reported much the same from time to time and have tried various ways of solving such issues including un-installing, performing a 'device reset' then re-installing the app.

However, as NOW TV don't have any control over the development of any of the third party apps (like BBC iPlayer, ITVHub, All4, etc), there's nothing they can do. Indeed, as the third-party apps become more sophisticated their sizes grow and as a result they require more memory and processing power to run.

It might be time to upgrade your old white box to the newer 'black' NOW TV box, which has double the memory and a much faster processor 🙂

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all these so it may be time to upgrade. I did wonder if an upgrade to the black box might be the answer.

Thanks again.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi again @Anonymous User,

If you are interested, Argos are currently offering the following NOW TV 'bundle' deals: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks SeeMore Digital.