cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Awesome this fixed the problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried to watch last week's episode of Paranoid on the ITV Hub on my Black Now TV box tonight. The only episode that was showing was last nights. 

The ITV Hub website shows all 6 episodes. Why does the NOW TV box only show one, even in the alphabetical list of programmes?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Now TV have no control over 'third-party' apps. The speed of the content delivery system for each distribution platform is entirely down to the service provider, ie: ITV...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm... so this on the NOW TV website is not entirely true then:

"Catch Up on your favourites on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5"

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hmm... so this on the NOW TV website is not entirely true then:

"Catch Up on your favourites on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5"

Yes it's true.

However, NOW TV have no control over the content they provide because none of it has been purchased by them 😉 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Once the episode has started, pause it, and you will see an option "view all episodes."

A lot agree that ITV did a bad design job with the app.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User Once the episode has started, pause it, and you will see an option "view all episodes."

Excellent. Thank you, not exactly obvious is it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my itv hub keeps repeating itself over and over, its getting unwatchable! is this my now tv box or the hub? ive tried all the usual stuff, turning on and off signing out , resetting wireless etc, etc......any ideas?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps (such as 'ITV Hub'). The speed of their content delivery system and reliability of their app (for each distribution platform) is entirely down to the service/app provider...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems with all channels today on itv hub via now tv box
all saying 'programme not available on this platform'
this is ridiculous, it's Christmas Eve and we can't watch ANYTHING!!!!