cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone recommend a HDMI to AV convertor to use replacement NowTV box with an old non HDMI TV?

Now the white box is discontinued I still want to use a newer Now TV box with an old TV that has RGB inputs. Anyone recommend a converter box that actually works? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah i noticed your post 👍.

Though i would have thought you could find something cheaper around the £10 price point mark.

Hopefully others who use these HDMI to RCA converter boxes will recommend other alternatives that works reliably in their setup.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can't really help with a HDMI converter box where i have no first hand direct experience using one with the NowTV newer devices that solely work over HDMI (hopefully somebody will recommend one with a link to either Amazon or Ebay).

One quick question do you mean a Red, Green, Blue connection on your TV which is the higher component analogue connection which the old White NowTV boxes didn't have and where you would have needed to convert the signal somehow again with a third party external device?

Or your TV has the Red, White, Yellow RCA composite connection found on the rear of the white box that used a single output cable split to a Red, White, Yellow composite cable on the other end that plugged directly into your television ?

Or do you mean RGB SCART ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps  its RCA sorry I should have made that clear, coming off the little jack plug on the back of the white box. 
Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If nobody on the Forum comes back with any recommendations, then maybe tag the OP in this thread linked below to see how their HDMI to RCA converter box is working with the NowTV Stick with a non HDMI television.

Otherwise maybe try Amazon if they offer a no quibble returns policy if the HDMI to RCA converter box doesn't work or meets your expectations.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/White-nowtv-box-to-nowtv-stick/m-p/541266#M17601  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks @schnapps Ive given them a nudge. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah i noticed your post 👍.

Though i would have thought you could find something cheaper around the £10 price point mark.

Hopefully others who use these HDMI to RCA converter boxes will recommend other alternatives that works reliably in their setup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I've bought two, one he recommends and a cheaper one around the tenner mark. I'll report back when they arrive. Many thanks for all your help.