cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone please explain how Now TV are not falsely advertising this service.

This post comes in two parts. The first section simply highlights the background and ongoing issues that i am having. The second section explains why i am of the belief that Now TV are falsely advertising this product.

Background

I purchased a Now TV Box and a three month entertainment pass only to have my service cancelled one month in. After investigating this i discovered that a DHC Compliance check had (Incorrectly) linked me to a sky users account that owed them money.

Poor Customer Service

As instructed, i contacted Sky several times only to find that the majority of staff had no idea what i was even talking about (they simply advised me that they dont deal with Now TV and couldnt help) however after my perseverance i got through to a manger that genuinley tried his best to help. He advised me of the mixup with the DHC complaince check and gave me some advice to replay back to Now TV through the Live help feature. He even gave me his email address to pass onto them so that they can contact him to verify what i was relaying. 

• Have Now TV acted on any of this? No!
  • Have Now TV even contacted this manager to attempt to resolve this? No!
  • Are Now TV aware that i have paid for a service i am not receiving? Yes!
  • And what have they done to resolve this? Nothing! Not even an offer of a refund!

And so, with regards to the issue, this is where it has been left. Me, paying Now TV my hard earned cash in advance for a service that claims to be "No Strings" and "Available to anyone over 18" that i have not recieved.

Is this false advertising?

At the heart of this issue is a DHC Complaince Check. Its basically a check against any data held about you by Sky, Now Tv and i assume any subsidaries, etc. Now thats fine, make as many checks as you like. But at least have the decency to make people aware of this before they purchase this service by paying in advance.

Nowhere on your website, packaging, advertising or terms and conditions does it state that this service is subject to any form of check. In fact, to take this one step further, Now TV activley promote this to be "No Strings" on the front of their website as well as stating in the terms and conditions that it is "available to anyone".

1. Im sure we can agree that No Strings means No Conditions; however there is a condition, a big one in the form of a DHC complaince check.
  2. Now TV is not available to anyone, its subject to a complaince check so how can it be available to anyone?

I would very much appreciate it if a member of the Now TV help team could explain this to me as i feel this is something that customers need to be aware of before parting with their hard earned cash. Obviously, im sure you can understand, we dont all have Rupert Murdochs millions and the price of a Now TV Box and Service is a lot to loose for most of us.

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have had ridiculous issues with Now TV - who by far and away have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. After attempting to sign up back in Nov 2014 I was told that the registration did not go through after speaking to someone on their live chat - the same rude member of staff was also completely uninterested in setting up my account properly. After chatting (and I use this term loosely as really they were simply repeating the same line over and over again with no thought to my response's) to this member of staff I eventually gave up and decided I really did not want to be signed up with a company with such terrible service. 9 months later I thoroughly check my bank statement and find that Now TV have been charging me £9.99 a month since my 'unsuccessful' registration. after contacting them I was offered a refund of only £10 - when I of course asked about the rest of my refund (once again on their live chat) I was told that due to being able to sign in on different devices they cannot refund me! although I ask how I am supposed to sign in on other devices when I apparently have no account?. Three weeks on and after many emails to help@nowtv.com it appears they are simply ignoring me. Disgraceful service, terrible staff and frankly I would rather cut off my own arm than ever use this company once again - not that I ever managed to use their srvice in the first place...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Almost exactly the same is happening to me. I signed up to a free 3 month entertainment pass. I found some months later that NOW TV were charging me £9.99 a month. I went to the live chat, and as soon as they were told what my issue was, all elements of professional curtousey vanished, and was replaced with sarcastic 'one liners'. (I guess they get this a lot). I asked where I could contact someone who could handle my dispute, but he basically said "nope theres no one. Just chat and email ( I did try continually, but like you, they re ignoring me.)
The shoddy sarcasm ,poor typing (was fine at the beginning), smiley faces and refusal to help in any way actually made me laugh toward the end of the chat.
Its amazing to me that this process is allowed to continue
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User a £9.99 monthly charge would be for the movie pass, which isn't included in your 3 months ents pass. You can managed your own passes via My Account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another issue is that yahoo and sky can shutdown your now tv account without warning and whilst now tv claim they cannot do anything because sky did it, if you are not a sky tv customer, sky refuse to put the issue right because you are a now tv customer. 

Sky do this because every sky tv customer and every now tv customer get email accounts with our sky/now tv accounts,.. provided by yahoo. If yahoo get a problem with spam, even if it is nothing to do with any now tv customer, yahoo tell sky and sky shutdown your now tv account.

of course, as now tv customers, we don't even know we have these yahoo email accounts until this happens. And we aren't given access to them, much less given the opportunity to refuse them.

so yahoo/sky/now tv could be spamming the entire internet in your name and mine, and we wouldn't know.

ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Adcontheweb

I was shocked when I read this section of your post" ....every Sky TV customer and every Now TV customer get email accounts with our Sky/Now TV accounts,.. provided by Yahoo. If Yahoo get a problem with spam, even if it is nothing to do with any Now TV customer, Yahoo tell Sky and Sky shutdown your Now TV account."

This makes no sense, can someone explain the logical reason behind such a convoluted arrangement whereby an innocent customer can be deprived of a "paid for service" without warning, explanation or even common sense.

Plus, this cannot be fair or even legal.

If a customer's Now TV account is cancelled while still in credit, without explanation or recourse to put things right, then that customer should take out a small claims action against Now TV.  

Do not be a ball being batted between Sky and Now TV, you paid Now TV so gather your evidence and sue Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also heard that all NowTV customers have free access to management toilets in Grant Way, Isleworth

Rumour is etc etc Smiley Wink

ukbobboy
Legend

Well Nadger

Common sense prevails.

UK Bob