cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone please explain how Now TV are not falsely advertising this service.

This post comes in two parts. The first section simply highlights the background and ongoing issues that i am having. The second section explains why i am of the belief that Now TV are falsely advertising this product.

Background

I purchased a Now TV Box and a three month entertainment pass only to have my service cancelled one month in. After investigating this i discovered that a DHC Compliance check had (Incorrectly) linked me to a sky users account that owed them money.

Poor Customer Service

As instructed, i contacted Sky several times only to find that the majority of staff had no idea what i was even talking about (they simply advised me that they dont deal with Now TV and couldnt help) however after my perseverance i got through to a manger that genuinley tried his best to help. He advised me of the mixup with the DHC complaince check and gave me some advice to replay back to Now TV through the Live help feature. He even gave me his email address to pass onto them so that they can contact him to verify what i was relaying. 

• Have Now TV acted on any of this? No!
  • Have Now TV even contacted this manager to attempt to resolve this? No!
  • Are Now TV aware that i have paid for a service i am not receiving? Yes!
  • And what have they done to resolve this? Nothing! Not even an offer of a refund!

And so, with regards to the issue, this is where it has been left. Me, paying Now TV my hard earned cash in advance for a service that claims to be "No Strings" and "Available to anyone over 18" that i have not recieved.

Is this false advertising?

At the heart of this issue is a DHC Complaince Check. Its basically a check against any data held about you by Sky, Now Tv and i assume any subsidaries, etc. Now thats fine, make as many checks as you like. But at least have the decency to make people aware of this before they purchase this service by paying in advance.

Nowhere on your website, packaging, advertising or terms and conditions does it state that this service is subject to any form of check. In fact, to take this one step further, Now TV activley promote this to be "No Strings" on the front of their website as well as stating in the terms and conditions that it is "available to anyone".

1. Im sure we can agree that No Strings means No Conditions; however there is a condition, a big one in the form of a DHC complaince check.
  2. Now TV is not available to anyone, its subject to a complaince check so how can it be available to anyone?

I would very much appreciate it if a member of the Now TV help team could explain this to me as i feel this is something that customers need to be aware of before parting with their hard earned cash. Obviously, im sure you can understand, we dont all have Rupert Murdochs millions and the price of a Now TV Box and Service is a lot to loose for most of us.

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear you've had some issues trying to get back in touch. I will send you an e-mail very soon.

Please let us know when you respond. Keep an eye out on your account.

Regards

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Talloolah

No worries, looks like you have a reply!

Happy New Year to youSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserWell no reply as yet but i am monitoring my email as instructed.

As for having a reply.. Yay! but getting the service i had paid for would be better, lol... Apols if that came across as sarcastic, its not directed at you mate, its at Now TV the company.

Have a good New Year too 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ranj-S

I have your email and im shocked! Is this really your reply... I have included this below because the public need to see that this is exactly how Now TV are prepared to take money off someone for services in advance and then fail to supply those services.

Following this i am going to ask a few questions, i hope that you can stand by your comments in the email and answer them.

Here is your email:

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear all the inconvenience you have been through going back and forth from NOW TV and Sky. As mentioned by the Live agents you would have needed to contact Sky as they have issued the cancellation. 

We have now had a phone call from Sky outlining what happened to the account. Having looked into your account I can see that the box was bought from a retailer so we wouldn't be able to refund as there is no charge to refund. You will need to contact the retailer you bought it from.  

In regards to the terms and conditions which were accepted; we do state in the rights to cancel section that the account can be cancelled if: 

- You fail to make a payment you owe us or if your payment method fails.

We also state in the T&Cs that 'References in these Terms of Use and the NOW TV website to "us/we/our/NOW TV" means British Sky Broadcasting Limited'.

I hope this clears everything up and you can get your issue resolved. I can appreciate how frustrating this has been for you but we have done everything we can from our side. You would need to contact the retailer for a refund and the next step will be dependant upon their refund policy.

I have not failed to make a payment i owe you, i do not owe you anything! If you look at my chat logs you will see that i have even managed to get through to a manager who confirmed this and also gave me his email address to pass on to you should you require confirmation, which i did.

Anyway, that aside could you please answer the following questions?

1. Is the Now TV service, as it states in the terms and conditions, available to anyone over 18?

2. Is the Now TV service a no strings service as stated on the front of your website.

If you could just answer a simple yes or no to those questions that would be fine.

Im truly sorry to everyone else for my rant however i feel that this needs to be highlighted... What has happened here is that my money has been taken on a false promise and thats fraudulant! Imagine of this had happened to en elderly person who wasnt able to defend themselves, perhaps it has!

Im sorry Now TV Staff but, Now TV, who you represent, are acting unlawfully and so im calling you out on this one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, all

I just got an email from 'NOW' special offer of movies pass, £4.99 for four months! Great I thought.

Wished it had clearly said you only get the basics, all the rest you either have to rent or are not compatable with anything!!

What a con!

Lesson learn't never again!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there are over 1000 films available on the movie pass including a nearly 100 which were released in 2014.

As for compatible, you can watch on Youview, Apple TV, Roku, NOW TV box, PS3, PS4, XBox 360, XBox One, EE TV, Android, iOS, PC and Mac. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I order my now tv box and 6 month entertainment package on Tuesday 3rd March 2015 after looking at the website and noting that they offered the walking dead box set series 1-4. I received the product today and have set up my account to find that the walking dead series is not available. Having completed a live chat with a member of staff I am informed that this was removed on the 1st March due to broadcasting regulations. I am really frustrated that I made my purchase with the excitement of watching a series advertised that had actually been removed two days prior but was still advertised on the website under the entertainment package.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User references to season 1-5a were removed on the 1st. I'm not sure how you would have seen them on the 3rd. The only thing advertised was the catchup to the second half of season 5.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
When I clicked onto the entertainment package where it advertised the channels available there was a picture of walking dead and underneath it said series 1-4 box set. I did not even know about now tv until I looked at your website the day I ordered as my friend had mentioned she has it so I looked.

To insinuate I'm lying is an insult!

Your company clearly made a mistake and did not remove this at the time. Mistakes are made and I understand that but it frustrated me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm not staff but NowTV had a major rebrand on the 3rd and the image in the "Entertainment" section was this file.

I know it was because I spent part of the day working on it to create a similar affect for my avatar.