cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use my Now TV box if I am not paying a subscription for Movies?

Hi,

Can I still use the BBC iPlayer etc if I am not paying £8.99 per month?

How much do the movies coat after 3 months?

Is this service available in Ireland?

Kind regards

45 REPLIES 45
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You only need a NOW TV pass to watch stuff in the NOW TV app on the box, all the other apps on the box (with a slight exception for the Sky Sport News HQ app) will carry on working regardless of if you have a pass or not.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

You'll be able to view YouTube content as well as all the free to view 'catch-up' services, without incurring any additional charges.

However, if you're not intending to renew your 'Entertainment' subscription you must remember to cancel it before it runs out or it will automatically 'roll-over' and your card will be charged. 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, i am buying a now tv box for my mother who will only be watching bbc iplayer on it. Do i need to get a pass? Or can i just pay the £14.99 for the box and that is it? She has a tv license. Thank you
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 🙂

When you first use nowtv for the first time, you do need to have a pass.

Luckily, NOWTV offer a two week free trial on movies, entertainment and kids which you can cancel on the first day. (You do need to enter payment details to verify you are in the UK but you won't be charged.)

After that, you don't need to pay to use iPlayer and the other apps.

More details are here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/What-is-NOW-TV

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Do-I-need-a-subscription-to-keep-my-NOW-TV-Box

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

You will need to create a NOW TV account, which includes providing 'active' credit/debit card details. And go through the motions of purchasing one of their services, which includes a free 14-day trial. That you will need to cancel before the trial runs out or it will 'roll over' automatically.

If you're still interested here are some direct links to a couple of Argos 'bundle' product offers: -

NOW TV 'black' box with 3 month 'Entertainment' pass @ £14.99

NOW TV 'black' box with 2 month 'Cinema' pass @ £14.99

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User whilst you only need to register for the free trial. You may wish to buy a box with passes from Argos as it works out the same price.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.