cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I take my Now TV box on holiday within UK?

Hi.  I'm going to be travelling around the UK with work for the next few weeks and I don't want to miss the Game of Thrones finale!  Is it ok to take my Now TV box around with me?  Do I just plug it in to my hotel TV HDMI and start watching?  Or do I need to authenticate some how?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you can use the box anywhere in the UK, however you've mentioned hotels. Most wifi at these places have a webpage where you enter a username/password/room number and the NOW TV box can't manage this. You'll get an error 014 when trying to connect.

You could either invested in something which will repeat hotel wifi (try a google search) or use a mobile or tablet and watch on those instea.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you can use the box anywhere in the UK, however you've mentioned hotels. Most wifi at these places have a webpage where you enter a username/password/room number and the NOW TV box can't manage this. You'll get an error 014 when trying to connect.

You could either invested in something which will repeat hotel wifi (try a google search) or use a mobile or tablet and watch on those instea.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much!  I'll give it a try Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

For anybody interested, the good news is NOW TV boxes can now be used to connect to public wifi networks that require authentication via webpage, which should help users wanting to connect to eg some hotel or student networks.

Currently this is available on the standard black NOW TV box, more details here
https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-tv-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation