cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Can I record content?

Hi All, can i ask if it is posible to record anything on the NowTV box and if so how is it done and where does Now TV store the recording.

Also, is there a detailed user manual anywhere. I apreciate there is plenty of help from the site but this takes so much time to navigate through it is to slow.

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: New User Recording

@mercedesamg there is no recording feature on the box, or with NowTV. However you'll find most of the live shows are already avaible on demand or are added shortly after being shown.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?

View solution in original post

31 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mercedesamg there is no recording feature on the box, or with NowTV. However you'll find most of the live shows are already avaible on demand or are added shortly after being shown.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mercedesamg 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.  It's not possible to record from a NOW TV box.  With regards to a user manual, I'm not aware of one, having said that, if there is, no doubt another forum member/member of the NOW TV Team wil be able to point you in the right directionSmiley Happy

If there anything specific you'd like to know about the NOW TV box other than if recording of content is possible?

EDIT - was beaten to itSmiley Happy

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi there

I'm currently a Sky customer and want to bin that and join NOW TV (I realise this is still Sky) but wanted to know if I could still use my current Sky box to record stuff if I have cancelled my account.  If not how can I recored programmes?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KSB2 you would really need to ask these questions to Sky, but last time I checked a Sky+ box stopped recording and didn't let you watch any saved shows once you stopped paying. 

If you are after recording normal TV shows (like BBC, ITV, Five) you might want to invest in either a Freesat or Freeview recordable box. 

If you are after recording stuff from Sky, it's not possible with NOW TV and the only option is to hope that what you want is available as catchup (new content likely, reruns very unlikely).

-----
Highlighted
Mentor

Hi, I've bought a NOW TV white box, does this allow catch up on sky1 as my internet doesn't get connected until 2 weeks after the new series of Arrow and The Flash start as it doesn't allow recording.

Thanks in advance

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@kizzi2975 yup you get catchup with the NOW TV boxes. The length of availability varies with each show and can be between 7-30 days. I'd expect Flash and Arrow both to be about 30.

-----
Highlighted
Mentor

thank you very much!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you have Sky already but are ditching the service, you should still be able to get the free sat programs to supplement this. Unless of course you are having the dish removed.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Worth a read

https://ukfree.tv/article/1107052217/Can_I_stop_paying_Sky_and_use_my_satellite_receive

Please click on Thanks if I've helped. I'm a Community Contributor not staff.