cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not working properly

Hi, I have two of the nowtv white boxes. Both were working fine until recently, however one of the boxes is now playing up.

The box that is playing up started to do so after it received the update that introduced the new ' watch list'. The box crashed almost immediately after that update but unplugging it seemed to bring it back to life. However ever since then the box is extremely slow and sluggish and takes a long time to react to commands from the remote. It often freezes and shows nothing but a black screen or a black screen with the coloured circles.. But the circles are frozen and not spinning. Live channels in most seem to stream ok but moving around the interface and menus is very sluggish and this appears to get worse the more I move around until it just freezes/crashes completely. I can press for example the up arrow to move up a menu and sometimes wait a good 30 seconds before the box responds. I also noticed tgat the now and next for live channels is very often hours behind the actual time, although the clock is showing the correct time.

It is not just the nowtv app either, bbc, itv, demand 4 and most other apps are experiencing the same. Vevo seems to be the only one working without issue.

Also, since I unplugged the box, demand 5 has vanished..it was installed but has gone from the homepage and is not showing in the app list either and I have two bbciplayers, one of which does nothing and can not be removed.

I also had an issue where the box kicked me out of my account on nowt .. Giving a error saying that an error occurred. Login details were correct but it would just not accept them, whilst my second box had no problem.

I've reset the box and unplugged it multiple times now just so I can use it between these crashes, just glad I have a second box which I've had to take out of another room in the house now to use instead.

Is this a known problem and is the box faulty and needs replacing or is it something that can be fixed in some way? I'm at a loss as I cant understand why one box is fine and one started to play up after the watch list update.. If that I in fact what caused it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thank you for getting back to us with that detailed information.

I'm sending you an email about this so please keep a look out for it.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

In my case the box was considered faulty and replaced so unfortunately I cant offer any further advise as to what you can do other than try a hard reset if you have not done one yet. In my experience, the white boxes just can not handle the demand of service anymore, they simply are not powerful enough and all mine have failed due to this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box hasn’t started to respond very slowly to the remote. Only a few months old so not sure what can be wrong. It took 5 mins just to go down the channels to select a music channel. Very frustrating
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a now tv smart stick yesterday and the remote does not respond all the time