cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not working and getting warm

Hi everyone, hope someone can help with this question.

My white now TV box has suddenly stopped working and been getting warm in the power connector area. I've taken the casing off to get to the PCB. From looking at the board it seems like it's the voltage regulator (5pin sot23-5 package). Any chance anyone knows what the part is? Or an equivalent part? So I can repair it and get it working. 

With the DC power supply outputting 5.2V I'm assuming a 5V reg would be to close for regulating (might as well not bother with the reg in that case). I'm going on it's either a 3.3V, 3V or a 1.8V voltage regulator. Plus with what looks like to inductor on the board it's probably a Low Dropout (LDO) regulator.

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User while I admire your desire to get your box working, sadly the white device is no longer supported by NowTV. Any result from a physical stand point of getting it functioning will be negated by the fact you no longer receive updates and will have diminishing functionality.

Also keep in mind that a new stick can be found for £20, including a free pass, which would probably be not much more than the cost of a part and the time to fix a device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As much as I get your point. The cost of a replacement IC could be around £2 at most, and not difficult for me to replace. Plus theres also saving another product that can't really be recycled.