cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not responding after update or restart

For a while now my box becomes non responsive when I turn my tv off then on again, it restarts itself but gets stuck on the pulsating now tv logo, it would work after switching it off at the wall and on again. Tonight, I tried a hard reset by putting the pin in the back, all is good, it updates BUT when box restarts after the update, it's again non responsive, I switch it off at the wall but when it comes back on, I have to go through the lets get started menu again, updates resets, gets stuck on now tv logo and repeat the process again, remote does nothing, box has pretty much crashed and I can't do anything to get it from being stuck HELP!!!
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear this.

Can you let us know what steps you have carried out ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there, I have tired the steps given in the previous post, I have done a factory reset as well, and I still can't get nothing, I tried to connect it to my wifi and it just keeps resetting itself over and over
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to clarify @Anonymous User  does the box reset as soon as you try to connect it to your WiFi? Or does it automatically reset after a certain amount of time?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It depends, sometimes it will let me try to connect to the wifi then it will stop and reset, and then sometimes it will just reset without me doing anything, it was working fine on Sunday morning before I went to work, and then when I got back on Sunday night it was doing this
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for providing that information for us.

It sounds like you might need a replacement box, depending on when / how you box the box this might be possible. I'll need to look at your account and let you know. expect and email from me shortly.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

ukbobboy
Legend

@Simon-J

Hi Simon

I've had my white box since October 2014 and have had no problems since purchase, the OS7.0 upgrade went smoothly, is now fully integrated and has solved a number of app/channel problems I had, especially the problem with YouTube.

It seems to me that it could be boxes made earlier than late 2014 are having problems with OS7.0.  I am aware that during the lifetime of a piece of kit the electronics therein may undergo certain minor updates without changing the overall specs of that machine. That said, is it possible that older white boxes are not fully compatible with OS7.0?

Please note, this is purely conjecture on my part.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have two now tv boxes and my son has took one back to his camp it won't connect to the wifinty internet they have on camp it just keeps showing the box tv logo on the purple screen it goes off then goes back to the logo screen can you help ???
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Has your son used the nowtv box previously in the past at the camp with success or is this the first time that he has tried using the box there ?

I might be wrong and barking up the wrong tree here.

However it sounds to me that the Camp is using a shared network protocol, where it's asking the nowtv box to enter the secondary access details for safe connection to it's network (which i believe the nowtv boxes are unable to do).

I believe the way around this (not one hundred percent sure mind) is to use a tablet or computer has a WiFI hotspot (a wifi link between the camps shared network and the nowtv box) or maybe look at a Roku box or Roku streaming stick that has a Hotel / Dorm mode access feature.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this problem today when it says let's get started that's when you press (Don't connect to WiFi straight away)
Home x5
2: Fast Forward
3: Play
4: Rewind
5: Play
6: Fast Forward

Now in this screen press:

1: Home x5
2: Fast Forward x3
3: Rewind x2
Then click factory restart
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

My Now TV box keeps restarting itself too. I have tried the steps above to perform the factory reset. When I have done this I am invited to inout my WiFi password, which I do. The box then reverts to the purple Now TV screen and restarts itself and then goes to the purple screen and restarts again.

Help please!