cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not responding after update or restart

For a while now my box becomes non responsive when I turn my tv off then on again, it restarts itself but gets stuck on the pulsating now tv logo, it would work after switching it off at the wall and on again. Tonight, I tried a hard reset by putting the pin in the back, all is good, it updates BUT when box restarts after the update, it's again non responsive, I switch it off at the wall but when it comes back on, I have to go through the lets get started menu again, updates resets, gets stuck on now tv logo and repeat the process again, remote does nothing, box has pretty much crashed and I can't do anything to get it from being stuck HELP!!!
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV Issues

If you check the link at the top of this post and the top of the page, you'll see there are issues with the NowTV system.  It's probably not the box at all.  I reset the box with the tiny hole at the back below the power cable, then waited for the 'Let's get Started' screen, then went through the butto presses described above, making sure I selected 'release' as the update server, before running an update.

It seemed to work for both boxes from then on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine boots gets to the select my apps etc screen and locks up.. I'd say mines one of the first gen white boxes.. now busted.

Tried all the advice but no joy.

I would buy a new one but sons Tele is not HDMI.... So screwed!