cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Box not responding after update or restart

For a while now my box becomes non responsive when I turn my tv off then on again, it restarts itself but gets stuck on the pulsating now tv logo, it would work after switching it off at the wall and on again. Tonight, I tried a hard reset by putting the pin in the back, all is good, it updates BUT when box restarts after the update, it's again non responsive, I switch it off at the wall but when it comes back on, I have to go through the lets get started menu again, updates resets, gets stuck on now tv logo and repeat the process again, remote does nothing, box has pretty much crashed and I can't do anything to get it from being stuck HELP!!!
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add, the updates aren't being applied due to the box crashing at restart
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you try the steps @Anonymous User has posted? (Thank you @Anonymous User for helping out, very much appreciated).

If the issue still persists, please tell us your Box serial number and we'll get this looked into.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this exact same problem, the box won't update and doing a hard reset means you can't get back on the device as it insists on updating before continuing with the set up, which then crashes the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, so through some trail and error I've since managed to get past the update part and on to actual box, the update still won't go on but the box is usable again.

So here's what I did, first off make sure you've put your WiFi password so it's set up, then press back/home once it says it will apply the update, this should get you back to the WiFi list.

You may be able to skip to the second set of inputs here but this is the order I went through it all so probably best to recreate it.

From here press:

1: Home x5

2: Fast Forward

3: Play

4: Rewind

5: Play

6: Fast Forward

Now in this screen press:

1: Home x5

2: Fast Forward x3

3: Rewind x2 

In this screen do a factory reset, once it's done go through it all again and check to see if the update server is set to "Beta" it may already have been set to this before the factory reset, you may have to hit "Cycle update server" and reset before it shows, I'm not sure, all I know is it needs to be on that as it can't pull an update from it.

Now return to the setup (Think you can mash home to get there) attempt the update and it should chuck out an error code with two options "Check network" and "Cancel", hit Cancel and it will ask for your Now TV username and continue set up as normal.

I don't know why it won't update and I have no solution for it, but this will at least allow you to use your box again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi there, thanks for replying, i will definitely give it a try when i get a chance. will update you to let you know if it worked 🙂 thanks again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I have this problem and this hasnt worked ! Still sitting here looking at a pulsating "now tv " screen . 

Any ideas ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
i couldn't get it to work so i ended up binning it and getting a new one 😕
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for trying the steps @Anonymous User mentioned. Could you let us know if you've tried these steps already? - Apologies if you have just let us know and we'll do what we can to help you.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem, I have done the steps that have been given and I have nothing my box keeps resetting itself every couple of seconds