cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

why does my now tv box not recognise username and or password

Why does my now tv box not recognise username or password -both correct and case correct

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No result code just prompts try again

View solution in original post

838 REPLIES 838
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here... worked fine yesterday, now today, I get the "login" challenge and the "sorry, we don't recognize your username / password " message but, can logon via laptop, no problem.

Always the same response - change your password or do a reset but, no attempt to say why this might be happening and judging by the number of hits google shows, this is not an unusual issue.

With that number of hits, I guess the problem lies with Sky's servers!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Always the same response - change your password or do a reset but, no attempt to say why this might be happening and judging by the number of hits google shows, this is not an unusual issue.

Response from whom @Anonymous User?

The first thing you should try is rebooting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power).

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've had 2 white boxes and a youview box with nowtv. Yesterday not 1 but both white boxes show a log in screen but refuse to recognise login a and ate now it seems redundant. Online chat with customer care was useless with no explanation other than "well they are old now so must be broken" .. this is crazy as both boxes do not stop working at the same time on same day. Nowtv have obviously updated software rendering these obsolete without warning or explanation to subscribing customers half way through their monthly contract. I have films& entertainment and sometimes Kids package so this is a little unjust if no warning email is sent. I know the black box is only £14.99 but I have to buy 2 now when both were white bones were fine the day before? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Can I ask have you tried to log into Now TV from another device?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User Can I ask have you tried to log into Now TV from another device?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paul 

I did thanks on a youview and tablets and all fine. I has a different person on the live chat just now and after changing password it seems to of cured it. The 1st agent was wrong last night sayin the white boxes will not work and to buy 2 more so they are investigating. See,s the update over night needed a password change on nowtv white boxes.

Anyway all cured thanks

@PaulD1 wrote:
@Anonymous User Can I ask have you tried to log into Now TV from another device?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can i ask if you have any special characters in your Password and if you are using your email address or Username to log in to the Boxes?

Cheers

Eddie Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have been using 2 symbols in the password for 2 years unchanged and never been a problem. We tried both username and email both failed. This was while agent was on online chat and he was confused too as to why it happened. Today I changed the password to try it and it worked some it's odd. The youview box and tablets worked with any password I chose seems the white boxes became sensitive overnight
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Cheers

Ahh OK that explains it and was along the lines of what I was thinking. The password had a + in it for the last 2 years until today. 

The agents all denied that was the case but seems fine now ive changed the password. Thanks for confirming @SeeMoreDigital

At least i wasnt daft enough to follow the original agents advice and bin the 2 white boxes and run out to buy 2 new black boxes.

Cheers