cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been charged even though I cancelled entertainment pass.

I applied to now tv for the free 14 day entertainment pass which I cancelled and was happy with it, I wasn't charged nothing. This is where I think now tv is very clever in getting money out of people or should I say con money out of ppl, I bought a now tv 3 month entertainment pass from a retailer what I didn't realise is that even when you put one of these passes in it automatically outs it onto auto renew my pass even though I bought it as a voucher from a retailer, I thought it would only renew if I did it online and not through a voucher code, I thought that was the all idea of putting in these codes so you pay for what you want and don't have to worry about cancelling it. Now tv has been very sneaky I feel with this and think it's a massive con into getting money out of you. I realise ppl probably know about this already but I didn't know and didn't want ppl to fall for the same trick I did if they wasn't already aware of this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User so let me get this straight. You knew you had to cancel when you did the trial to not get charged, but for some reason didn't know you had to cancel prior to end of voucher period not to get charged? A voucher is simply a means of payment. It's hardly a con. If you go on to chat, have not watched since the voucher ended you may get a refund.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User so let me get this straight. You knew you had to cancel when you did the trial to not get charged, but for some reason didn't know you had to cancel prior to end of voucher period not to get charged? A voucher is simply a means of payment. It's hardly a con. If you go on to chat, have not watched since the voucher ended you may get a refund.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancel last month for entertainment pass , but you taken money today for it , need to be refund for this 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not used nowtv for a couple of months and watched some freeview at weekend. Then to my surprise I received an email to say my pass had been renewed for 1 month and I had 14 days cooling off to cancel?? It's a good job I saw the email. I did not sign up for this, it is up to me to buy an entertainment pass, not nowtv to take £££ from my account without permission. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree with you. I think their policies are completely deceptive, designed specifically into tricking the customer to buy more than they actually asked for.

Sadly, there are too many businesses these days that care about their customer at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thank you for your reply, yeah I bought a 3 month entertainment pass from a retailer and I wasn't aware that after the pass had expired it automatically renews it for you. I've been on nowtv live chat and they said they will refund me the money, so I'll wait and see if I get a refund. Just want to say thank you again for taking the time to reply.