cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad picture quality

I have just set up EE TV today and have signed up for a free trial of Now TV.

The picture is absolutely awful - even when I change the screen setting it's not watchable as can barely see the characters and very pixelated.

6 REPLIES 6
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello @Anonymous User 🙂

Usually bad picture quality is due to a slow internet speed. Who is your ISP and have you done a speed test? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I also have a bad picture as karenmc, how do you test speed
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/speedtest/

Or download and run the Ookla app on any tablet or smartphone.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
These are my results 0.4 download 0.6 upload But no idea what it means
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Those numbers are awful. My comparable numbers are 24.3 and 4.5 (Mbps). You would need 5.0 and 1.0 at least to get any sort of satisfactory performance from a NowTV video stream.

You need to get onto your broadband provider to find out what is happening here, and get them to fix it, as something is seriously not right.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, those numbers are truely hidious. To start with you could always try and turn off your router at the plug for 30 seconds, flick it back on, and give it two minutes to return to normal. Sometimes (today in fact) your individual line can get knocked off. A simple box restart can sometimes put things right again. If not though then you need to complain like mad, those numbers are essentially old dial up broadband numbers.