cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

IVe just signed into my new black box, it did all its updates, tried BBC Iplayer, but no option to spect HD, I went into settings/ video quality & it was on SD, the option above is normally HD, but it says Best Quality. I selected this, reset Iplayer & watched a programme, doesn't look HD & when you press down, there is no HD/SD tab (like one 3 white now TV boxes) it just says info/Subtitles.
301 REPLIES 301
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to I get BBC iPlayer to load?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Please confirm. Do you have the 'white' NOW TV box or the newer 'black' one?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see you have the black NOW bx and i accept the white box has iplayer fault..not fixed as at 5 apr 2017.

can u confirm that the black box vers. currently doesnt have this fault

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

...can u confirm that the black box vers. currently doesnt have this fault

As mentioned above. My 'black' box is working fine with BBC iPlayer Smiley Wink

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone.

BBC are currently aware of an issue affecting some Roku and NOW TV boxes. 

Please see this post on their website for updates.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

...can u confirm that the black box vers. currently doesnt have this fault

As mentioned above. My 'black' box is working fine with BBC iPlayer Smiley Wink

This wud be great but I now realise I need the white box for my large analogue TV with triple a/v plug/sockets.

I am still seeing Vers 2.2 of iplayer after remove and reload vers 2.2 dated Nov 2016 so apparently no UPDATE TO iPLAYER has occured yet. (after all this time or what?)

Just what is going ON, Is there a memory prob on SK 2400 white box. I have not been loading any of the optional apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. I have the white Now TV box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, can anyone enlighten me as to why the iplayer app is not working and weirdly opening to the Web page to error 404 page not found?? Or am I just being dumb...?

I have tried contacting live chat, it went like this 🤔

chandni: Hi Scott, how are you?

Me: Hi bbc iplayer on my white now tv box is not working at all. In fact it seems to connectin to the Web page

chandni: Ah! I'll help you with this.

Me: Thank youMe: If it's any help it's the Web page saying error 404 page not found

chandni: )Okay.chandni: We've done the Firware update

.chandni: No. The update will disable the use of unofficial third party software or apps. However it will not affect your ability to watch NOW TV or download supported apps through the Channel Store

.Me: I'm confused , does the nowtv box not support the iplayer app?

chandni: I'm sorry, the third party apps are not supported.

chandni: This [functionalty/app] is not available through the NOW TV Box.

Me: But it was yesterday?Me: But it player still worksMe: Itv playerchandni: After the firmware update on your device its stopped working.Me: So which of the apps will not work since the update?

chandni: All the third party apps will not work, with the NOW TV box apps will work.. ie. BBC etc.

Me: But that is what I am talking about the bbc iplayer app on nowtv?chandni: Yes, BBC app is working on.

chandni: You can refer this link: https://help.nowtv.com/article/Available-apps-NOW-TV-Box

Me: But bbc app is not working that's why I'm contacting

chandni: .I'm sorry the BBC apps also removed.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User try uninstalling the app and reinstalling from the app store.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just got the same problem last night.  Uninstalling and re=installing the app doesnt work.  Still no joy.