cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC IPLAYER PROBLEM

The BBC iplayer app is incredibly slow to respond to any presses on the remote, often freezing and requiring to go back to home and re open, but this can take ages.

i had uninstalled and reinstalled app, ensured software is up to date, and reset the nowtv box, but nothing improves it.

Other apps such as 4 and ITV work fine.

i have the white box.

any suggestions?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

This issue has been reported a few times by 'white' NOW TV box owners. See here: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/BBC-IPLAYER-PROBLEM/td-p/322946

It's most likely a 'lack of memory' and processing power issue. BBC iPlayer has got more complex in recent times. Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just updated my NOW TV Box and iPlayer is now pretty much unusable - you press a button on the remote control and maybe it reacts 20 to 40 seconds later.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just updated my NOW TV Box and iPlayer is now pretty much unusable - you press a button on the remote control and maybe it reacts 20 to 40 seconds later.

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As am having IPlayer issues, which box is it to upgrade too? I have the white Roko LT box.

Thanks