cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio cutting out a lot on some material

Generally sound works fine, but with some material it's just horrible, cutting out several times per second.
The stuff that's causing the trouble right now is "True Detective" on Entertainment.
Is anyone else seeing this issue?

The Now TV box goes straight into a Sony TV with HDMI.

Racing Le Mans, for example, works fine. There must be some difference in the source video, and how it's handled by the Now TV box.
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for that.

Can you tell me which episode has the sound issue? Or is it with all of them?

Have you tried different device to see whether the same thing happens?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It affected all episodes.
I'll add info if I see the phenomenon again.
I'm reluctant to test different devices due to the way your system works.
Anyone can test on an iPad and should see exactly what I would see on that device (which I may use later, but haven't added yet).
It would be interesting to hear if others have no problem with True Detective.
Audio drop outs varied from many each second to one every two or three seconds.
I suspect a bug in the Now TV software.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fantastic, thanks @Anonymous User

We did have issues with episode 2 however this has now been fixed.

Using different device will tell us whether it's content or device related.

Once you have a bit more info, let us know 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Sound cuts out/blips a lot on some, but not all, shows. Very distracting. For example, I have the issue on Glee, Game of Thrones and Hannibal season 3, although Hannibal seasons 1 and 2 are fine. The problem is only present on the NowTV box (is fine if I stream on my Android phone). Same problem occurs on my mum's NowTV box (tested this at her house, so totally different TV and setup etc.), so it's not just my bix (although they were bought around the same time so perhaps there could have been a faulty batch that both boxes were taken from?).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting us know. So we can look into this further could you let us know which episodes the sound has been affected on the shows please? 

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.

Some examples:

- Hannibal season 3 Eps 1-3 (although seasons 1 and 2 are fine)

- Game of Thrones season 5 Eps 8-10

- Glee season 6 Eps 4-5

There are others too, but it just isn't quite affecting everything. If I replay where a blip occurs, it also occurs in exactly the same place, so it doesn't seem to just be happening at random points. Usually noticeable about once every 5 seconds, sometimes more frequently, and most noticeable when there is music playing.

Thanks for looking into this.

Graham

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I've noticed short audio drop outs via the NOW TV box on The Affair e8, Hannibal s3 e1,2,3 Murder in the first e2,e3.  When I rewind & play the section again the drop outs don't appear in the same places.  I haven't yet watched True Detecive so can't comment.  As @Anonymous Userhas mentioned, via mobile (iOS) I've not noticed any problems apart from the known poor quality audio. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We're aware of some issues with sound on the NOW TV box. These issues have been raised and we're looking into this ASAP. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar problem with sound cutting out on certain Films, it seems to be with films that have been recently added. Is it possible that the NowTv  streaming servers can not keep up with the viewing demand of newly added Films?  I am using a NowTV box on an ADSL2+ with an 11meg connection, more than enough.  I do hope NowTV can resolve this problem as the sound is only Stereo!