cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio cutting out a lot on some material

Generally sound works fine, but with some material it's just horrible, cutting out several times per second.
The stuff that's causing the trouble right now is "True Detective" on Entertainment.
Is anyone else seeing this issue?

The Now TV box goes straight into a Sony TV with HDMI.

Racing Le Mans, for example, works fine. There must be some difference in the source video, and how it's handled by the Now TV box.
50 REPLIES 50
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

I see what you did there. 

We're still working hard to get these fixed, with technical issues it's hard to provide an ETA but priority is being given to these content issues.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bizarrely only ITV is causing an issue; cuts out completely then after a few minutes it comes back but the sync is way off - it then starts the process again.

Doing my head right in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Flahs has sufferd severe Aduio Dropout ib epsiodes 12 and 13 ....happens around 20-25 mins in ......

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The Flahs has sufferd severe Aduio Dropout ib epsiodes 12 and 13 ....happens around 20-25 mins in ......

Hi @Anonymous User,

Due to the high quantity of 'missplaced' posts on this forum. Can you please confirm the actual device you are using to access the NOW TV service?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We've had a few reports of this so it has now been raised with the content team and they are looking into this as we speak.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had the same problem even when watching tv live on Fox the sound keeps cutting out. Does anyone know how to fix it? Very agitating when trying to watch tv thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same issue with sound blipping in and out mainly watching Fox (family guy) on livestream.

Watching on an iPad Pro 10.5", app is up to date. Don't have this issue on my desktop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’m new to forum I’m having the same problem but only with nat geo wild any other streaming programs are fine I thought it might have been the hdmi cable so paid a bit extra got a good one gold plated armoured cable but it still does it has anybody come close to curing this I have the new now box it seems looking at the forum this has been going on for at least two years even the now team seem stumped .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, yep I'm new to the forum also and I'm having the same issue, only on nat geo it seems, it's happening on a smart tv/now tv & also from a 2nd or 3rd gen black now tv box. So it's not the box or tv itself where the issue is, it's something at now tv's end but l must say this a fairly recent thing for me. Although it's been intermittent for the last month it's got gradually worse over the last few days, like a few times with a couple of minutes. Checked my wifi and my ping is 8, over 35mb dl and 9mb upload so plenty to run a now tv box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Chris, we have had a few reports regarding this, we are currently looking on getting this resolved for you guys, in the mean time to fix this, press rewind on the remote for a few seconds then play, the audio will then come back for you.