cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio cutting out a lot on some material

Generally sound works fine, but with some material it's just horrible, cutting out several times per second.
The stuff that's causing the trouble right now is "True Detective" on Entertainment.
Is anyone else seeing this issue?

The Now TV box goes straight into a Sony TV with HDMI.

Racing Le Mans, for example, works fine. There must be some difference in the source video, and how it's handled by the Now TV box.
50 REPLIES 50
herojan
Expert

I watched the latest episode of Penny Dreadful today (catchup on the Now Tv box) and there were a few sound clipping issues, most noticably in the opening credits, which seems to be a common occurance for those items with sound issues, the music in the opening credits highlights any problems.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting. We're aware of the sound issues affecting some of the new content. It's being looked into. Apologies for the inconvenience'disruption this has caused. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ranj,

FYI had similar issues although we are watching NOWtv via an EE box. 

Interestingly (?) if we rewind then play again, sound is back, but fault reoccurs elsewhere. 

Beats me Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same on Handmaid's Tale. 2018.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know. We have raised this with our Content Team and should have this all sorted in no time at all! Smiley Wink

Any further issues, give us a shout!

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hadt the same issue. Daughter watches Modern Family (all the time) sound drops out permanently, unless you rewind and then issue has gone... until it does it again but in a different part of the programme. Annoying much?

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the response.

Some examples:

- Hannibal season 3 Eps 1-3 (although seasons 1 and 2 are fine)

- Game of Thrones season 5 Eps 8-10

- Glee season 6 Eps 4-5

There are others too, but it just isn't quite affecting everything. If I replay where a blip occurs, it also occurs in exactly the same place, so it doesn't seem to just be happening at random points. Usually noticeable about once every 5 seconds, sometimes more frequently, and most noticeable when there is music playing.

Thanks for looking into this.

Graham

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am watching a few series on Now TV via EE box and the audio has been cutting out. At the moment we are struggling with season 1 of the wire, almost every episode. Please fix! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I get the exact same audio issue using a Roku stick watching The Affair. I notice it every episode.

Interestingly also watching Madam Secretary and *haven't* noticed the audio issue with this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was going to watch True Detective this afternoon.....hopefully any blips will have been sorted out.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no problem with the mobile stream (other than the known low bitrate for audio)