cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoying popup and dimming of screen

How do I turn off the annoying 'Start watching something new' popup and dimming of the screen right at the most important point in every show?  Even if I rewind and watch again to try to catch the moment it obscured it pops up again! #?@$

13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Not sure which device you watch on, but for instance a quick tap of the back button on the NOW TV remote removes the pop ups on the NOW TV box, something similar should work on most devices. Not ideal, but best we can do until NOW TV change things.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Anonymous User

Thanks for flagging, let me see what I can find out about this. 

**update** the timecode for the pop up is generated automatically. Ep 2 of Babylon Berlin has been manually updated. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why don't you just give an option somewhere to either have the feature turned on or off then people won't get annoyed and also have to waste their time reporting it to get fixed? It's a simple thing to do.

I recently purchased entertainment and movies package for 12 months. Started watching only the second film and the button has popped up and stuck in the way less than half way through it. If it happens again on the next film I'll be asking for a refund and just cancel the whole thing as I'm still well in the 14 day cooling off period. Other than that major annoyance everything else seems great but I honestly can't put up with buttons being stuck on screen when it's such a simple fix that you don't appear able or willing to provide.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank goodness  I solved ads popping up on my Nowtv stick screen  I now can see the real clips  Looks fine Hd Screen colour cool  pics looks proper wow Thank you  😬🙏😁

was not on  Nowtv stick   go to the tv setting not nowtv  open setting  on normal TV set  you can see inputs Labels, icons , vision info’s that’s all mate turn The E-Pop off is On and Off turn it off  Done thank you.