cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Annoying popup and dimming of screen

How do I turn off the annoying 'Start watching something new' popup and dimming of the screen right at the most important point in every show?  Even if I rewind and watch again to try to catch the moment it obscured it pops up again! #?@$

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blame Netflix for this...

you can not turn it off... and like netflixs play next episode when released, is currently broken on some content but unlike netflix it does not skip to the end of the start credits of the next episode resulting in you missing over 5 mins of the show but jumps to the very start... 

The function is for bindge boxset watchers so they can skip to the next episodes at quick button press if required...

The content providers have NOT got the meta data correct on their content so the Function is showing up at the wrong times as the channel content provider added the wrong data...

Amazon also have the next episode function but it shinks the video feeds... all these systems are not compatable with TV shows that have the credits run during the final last few mins any way like Mythbusters...    

@Anonymous User

True, but at least on Netflix that feature can be turned "off" so that when an episode ends, it ends!

We don't "binge watch" so we've turned that feature "off". The episode ends without any viewer interaction and then we decide what we want to watch next.

No objection to the existence of the feature on NOW TV, as we understand that some people want it - BUT we'd also prefer an option to turn off that feature for those who DON'T want it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@Anonymous User

We don't "binge watch" so we've turned that feature "off". The episode ends without any viewer interaction and then we decide what we want to watch next.

You can turn it off "Now" on netflix but when released to netflix they forced it...  you did not have the option before...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry that these pop ups are ruining your viewing experience. We're looking into any pop ups that are too soon in this thread. Please post there and our community manager Tom should pick it up.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tom-R picked it up and as usual is unhelpful and only says we are stuck with this ######.  This major issue, the horrible 'new' layout, and the lack of Android TV support is making me question the continuation of my subscription.

@Anonymous User 

Yes I commented on it previously and the response was pretty much "that's what people want so deal with it". So basically the feature choices are ON or, er, ON (rather than ON or OFF as we would prefer). But it looks like there won't be any re-think on this point. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is still goes on and ruined the last two minutes of Babylon Berlin. We need to be able to opt out. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. The pop ups should only be appearing when the credits are on, if they are appearing when the main programme is still on (thus getting in the way of what's happening) then the best thing to do is post details of which show/season/episode it happens on so that NOW TV can look to get this fixed.

I'll tag @Anonymous User from the NOW TV Team so she can look into this for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. It was episode 2of Babylon Berlin. Have reported it but ideally would like option of removing popup as, nerdy as it sounds, I often like to read the credits.