cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Additional settings for Virgin Media Superhub

If when setting up your box it fails at the  'connect to local network' stage using a VM superhub you can try changing the  following 'network ping' setting. 

(Unfortunately this 'fix' has not been given in the instruction leaflet and may not always be suggested by some of the chatline help staff).

Press the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now see displayed one of the  hidden ('secret') menu pages and need to scroll down the blue line and deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Finally, scroll the blue line down to 'Back' and select - the box should then connect correctly and work with a Virgin Superhub.

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, updated to Virgin Super hub 2 Modem and wasnt working and check online and saw this post.

Kind Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for this fix. Very helpful! One thing you need to add is that this needs to be done as you are starting up the Nowtv box, or by starting by pressing the Nowtv button on the remote and following your instructions. This said the fix worked for me. Thanks again.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect. Thank you
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help, I tried everything but still won't conect to the super hub on Virgin 

thanks in advance. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Daz-max,

Sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing.

Can you please try the steps outlined above once more and then resetting your router, as it sometimes doesn't work the first time.

Please let us know if that helps.

Rich-L

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am also experiencing this problem, error 014 solution does not work and I have reset twice
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

tried this now getting code 009 cant connect to network.... boody virgin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When tried everything else, as suggested everywhere, try going to VirginSuperhub (192.168.0.1) Advanced Settings and typing NOW TV into Enable First Guest Wireless Network box.  Tick the 2 enable boxes.

Reboot Now box and it should connect.  Did for me after I'd tried every recommended solution I could find.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

really helpful and worked for us... so glad I googled for a fix. lol