cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Additional settings for Virgin Media Superhub

If when setting up your box it fails at the  'connect to local network' stage using a VM superhub you can try changing the  following 'network ping' setting. 

(Unfortunately this 'fix' has not been given in the instruction leaflet and may not always be suggested by some of the chatline help staff).

Press the HOME button on the remote 5 times followed by one press of FF,PLAY, REW, PLAY and finally FF.

You should now see displayed one of the  hidden ('secret') menu pages and need to scroll down the blue line and deselect 'enable network pings' box at bottom of screen.

Finally, scroll the blue line down to 'Back' and select - the box should then connect correctly and work with a Virgin Superhub.

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the fix worked for me - shame about the stress it caused before the fix was discovered. 

Perhaps this instruction could be added to the set up process for future users in an update. 

Anyway. I'm glad it worked

Many thanks for posting this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Assuming this info is for a wireless connection only ?

thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User you might also have to disable pings on the black box when using ethernet. The error code will be 013 instead of 014.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I've just had the same problem, nowtv box fails to connect to virgin box, local network on wireless and wired connections. Tried all the suggested fixes, didn't work. In the end I sorted it out by temporarily connecting to another wireless connection (my phone) then by downloading the latest software updates. All works now! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank You for this, finally, my box is connected.