cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

3 nowtv white boxes all worked 3 days ago and suddenly now have all stopped working

For some unknown reason all 3 white boxes have just stopped working, the wireless internet works fine on our phones, tablet, iPads etc just fine so can't understand why????
I've done the usual turning off and on, rebooting, pressing homex5 etc and still nothing???
Any help please people much appreciated 🤞
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh and the green light on the nowtv box is flashing away even though I'm not touching the remote??? 🙈
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The flashing white light usually means the boxes can't establish a wifi connection (although it's possible they are stuck in a software update loop) however it seems strange to have all three boxes doing the same thing for no apparent reason.

Have you made any changes to either your broadband router or the position of the boxes? I'd try rebooting your broadband router to see if that works, but one possibility is if you've recently changed your router wifi settings to only a 5GHz wifi network, as the White boxes need a 2.4GHz wifi network to connect to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy,

I've made no changes to anything so can't figure out either why all 3 boxes won't work. I'll let you know if it doesn't work resetting my router.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you reboot your Router try unplugging all your NOW TV boxes at the mains. When the router is back up and running just try connecting one box to it and see how you go (the one located nearest to your router). If it's still not connecting try a hard reset of the NOW TV box (push a pin into the reset hole at the back and hold until you see it restart). You'll then be asked to set up your wifi and NOW TV account details again so make sure you know these. Again try it on just one box first to see how you go.