cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 Boxes, 1 Account, voucer code from new box on old account

hi sorry if this has been posted before, but im looking at buying a new box for another room in my house, can i use my old account and apply the voucher code for movies from the new box, and watch two boxes at the same time. i have entertainment package at the moment and would like to add movies.  also is there a limit to how many voucher codes i can apply?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User all of the above. You can have up to 4 devices on one account, and watch on any two at the same time. You can use as many vouchers as you want, but they have a 12 month expiry and you can't add one until the previous is in it's last month.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as per the reply when you asked this earlier, you can only watch NOW TV on two devices simultaneously. The other box could watch any of the other apps, including iPlayer, ITV Player, All4 or YouTube. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi can you have 2 boxes in the house on one account but watch totally differnet things at the same time?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi can you have 2 boxes in the house on one account but watch totally differnet things at the same time?

Yes you can...

Indeed you can register up-to four devices on the same account Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

if ihave 2 boxes , do i have to pay monthly for both ot the same singlr payment if ther are on the same account ??

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. No you don't need to pay twice, just login with your usual username and password. You can have up to four devices registered to your NOW TV account and watch on up to two devices at the same time.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi DC

Just to emphasise Andy's point, most users have more than one box, or device, registered to their account, for example I have a Roku 3, a Now TV box and an android tablet all registered to my account, without any problems whatsoever.

So, it's not uncommon for users to have multiple (up to 4) devices attached to their account.

Happy viewing

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you !!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi was wondering if there's plans to have four devices viewing at the same time because as a family of four and my kids are in to different things and being  teenagers lol they spend all there time in there rooms we can't all watch what we like witch is a shame as that would force my to buy another account which would take away the great value now tv is all about

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

NOW TV are always pretty silent on any future plans, so if there is any plan to extend the simultaneous stream limit there won't be any announcement made until just before its implemented.

However there's been no news on any change, and just as a personal opinion I doubt it will happen as the price of the service is already competitive compared with Sky TV subscriptions, and if they increased the simultaneous stream limit that would also be likely to erode the value of Sky TV multiscreen subscriptions. For that reason if they ever did offer it, I think it would have to come with an appropriate rise in subscription fees.

practically then the only solution for you is to try and negotiate when different people will watch things on the service, or bite the bullet and take out a second account for your children to use - one advantage you might be able to get from this is you could tweak the parental settings on the second account to ensure your children couldn't make any purchases or watch content rated above a certain certificate.

You might be interested to know you can buy vouchers for NOW TV from Game (online or in-store), Argos, Currys and PC World. Prices are

Entertainment - 3 months - £15
Entertainment - 5 months - £25
Movies - 2 months - £15
Movies - 3 months - £25
Sky Sports Week Pass - £10

which make the cost a bit easier.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So just to be clear you can have two boxes in the same house, under the same account??

Really appreciate a reply thanks in advance!! Smiley Happy