cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code 003

My box has not been working for nearly 2 weeks now! Come on seriously? I've even been given a free month of sky movies but what good is that to me when I can't even use the thing. I have reset it loads and connect to the wifi but then as soon as it updates software I get an error message 003 and when I click check network I just go back to the wifi page. I have done the home 5 times fast forward 3 times and rewind 2 times and tried to do it that way Nd it's still the same. Getting a bit fed up now If I am honest.
72 REPLIES 72
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a box for my daughter in August and has worked fine up to yesterday. Suddenly, when she tries to open an app the app logo appears but then we get a blank screen and it goes back to home page. We have tried software update but get msg 'error 003' network error. Tried unplugging and a re-set of both box and router, but nothing works. Any ideas?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for posting. Very sorry to hear that you're having issues with the box. Have you tried moving the router closer to the box? 

Also tried changing your router channel to see if that helps. If t does you can put it back to what it was before. 

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The distance from the router to the box was not the issue. Luckily I found someone to help with the router channels, it wasn't as easy as the instructions online said, but, it's now working.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Three weeks of intermittent services, due to pixelised picture and buffering.

Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem?

I've reported the problem numerous times, to get phobed off with "its your broadband speed"!
Everything else which is connected to my broadband works perfectly well. Got high speed fiber broadband.

Emailed and live chatted to no avail. No questions answered! Yet still paying for a low quality service, who's customer service refuse to acknowledge there's a problem.

Tried all the usual steps...still poor!
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Three weeks of intermittent services, due to pixelised picture and buffering.

Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem?

I've reported the problem numerous times, to get phobed off with "its your broadband speed"!
Everything else which is connected to my broadband works perfectly well. Got high speed fiber broadband.

Emailed and live chatted to no avail. No questions answered! Yet still paying for a low quality service, who's customer service refuse to acknowledge there's a problem.

Tried all the usual steps...still poor!

HI @Anonymous User Are you using a NOW TV Box or different device? If it is a NOW TV Box you can try manually adjusting the bitrate by doing this:

• Press these buttons on your remote control:

Home x5
Rewind x3
Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was in the middle of watching something and decided to stop working. Restarted and reset system but is saying software update failed. My network is fine and Internet is fine. Connected by wireless as located in bedroom. Please help!!!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

if the software update failed it could be the box is struggling to maintain a proper connection to the Internet, especially if your bedroom is someway from the router. Try rebooting your router to make sure it's picking the best wifi channel (assuming it's set to select channels automatically). Then try a hard reset of the box (box powered up, push pin in reset hole at back until box restarts itself) and see if it is able to update correctly this time.

Legend 5
Legend 5
Cheat, get a box with 6 months pass from Currys for £19.99 then use remote from that.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
Cheat, get a box with 6 months pass from Currys for £19.99 then use remote from that.

Requires them to be in stock though. Sold out in my three nearest branches.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, often the box appears to be thrown in for free any how.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.