cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

updates are supposed to make things better, right?

So I know there are multiple posts about continue watching being cleared (mine too) but I also have the following:-
If I rewind anything when I try to play the programme I get the colour balls of doom - have to exit app and go back to the episode. It then plays from a random point, not where it stopped
If I fast forward credits to get to the end of a programme - above mentioned happens again.
NowTV is becoming a bit too irritating to deal with, please update us on what you are going to do to rectify these new problems that have been created.

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi

@Lindzi wrote:
So I know there are multiple posts about continue watching being cleared (mine too) but I also have the following:-
If I rewind anything when I try to play the programme I get the colour balls of doom - have to exit app and go back to the episode. It then plays from a random point, not where it stopped
If I fast forward credits to get to the end of a programme - above mentioned happens again.
NowTV is becoming a bit too irritating to deal with, please update us on what you are going to do to rectify these new problems that have been created.

Hi Lindzi, 

We are currently looking into these issues, once its is resolved everything will rectify itself

Thanks the Nowtv Team. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

thanks @Anonymous User

Do you think that we could have service status put up, just so we could sign up for updates when there is one?

So many posts about it that it would be good to have updates in one place

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will check this out for you now @Lindzi 🙂 

Lindzi
Elite 2

thanks @Anonymous User  Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi

This has been moved into an incident Queue, where all updates will be made to you when we have a solution, thanks for your patience 🙂 

Lindzi
Elite 2

ah that's great, thank you for your help @Anonymous User

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

Just got home and it looks like my shows are back! 🙂
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Lindzi wrote:

So we are now over a month since my post about the 11th Dec update. Both black box and samsung app still will not play a programme after using forward or rewind and will sit with the colour balls swirling around. When I ff credits the same thing happens and it doesn't return to the thumbnails. I'm getting fed up with having to exit the app on both devices. 

No updates forthcoming, if now tv are not customer focused enough to want to fix it please just roll the update back to the previous version. 

Had a little rant there but I have tried watching stuff tonight and it's really ticked me off. Anyone else having this issue???

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi I can't say I recall that being an issue lately, other than the big issue everyone was having for a while last year. 

So, everytime you're watching something and you rewind it a bit (eg to catch something you missed) it won't play? Or you FF it a bit and then play, it will just spin the balls of doom? And that's on both the box AND the Samsung? Seems pretty strange. 

The box should have updated the NOW TV app to v4 in the last few days, is it behaving exactly as it was before, or just appeared? (check box app version on the NOW TV App My Account screen). Do you have the issue on LG as well? 

Do you have the box connected to the Samsung, the LG or a different TV? I wonder if it's something Virgin-related again - I know you bought some powerline adapters for the LG (I think?) ... if you're not tempted to use the box as a frisbee I wonder if hardwiring it in (either with Ethernet direct to router or via the Powerline adapters) so that you're using a wired not wifi connection makes any difference ... Smiley Indifferent