cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

switch from Virgin TV to NowTV

Thinking of moving from Virgin (currently supplies me with TV, broadband, landline) to Now TV plus a different broadband provider. Currently have the small black NowTV box and remote (more than 1 year old) and sporadically get Entertainment passes monthly but don't have a current one. 

Do I need to upgrade to a different box / stick for this to work?

We currently use the Virgin Tivo box to watch live TV (only ever the 'minimum' BBC/ITV/ C4 channels) and the subscription apps (Amazon Prime and Netflix only) and to record programmes to watch later.

I think that we will lose the programme recording option by losing the Virgin Tivo box. But will we still be able to watch live TV channels and these apps by using a NowTV box / stick?

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You would only need to purchase a new device if you don't have one mentioned in the help page. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

The black box for NOW is still supported, however NOW no longer sell their own devices. If you needed to purchase a new device I would suggest an Amazon Fire stick. 

Unless of course your TV has the NOW app available to it. 

As for Live TV, through iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and My5 on any streaming device like Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku or NOW you can watch live via the dedicated apps. 

This is how I watch Live TV if I need to as I don't have an aerial. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help