cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

set-up - can't get pass language screen

Hi. I'm setting up my new black box. I can't get past the language selection screen. It let's me scroll through the language options, but not select one. Can't cancel out and get to home or any of the other screens, so box is usesless.  I've done a hard reset - no help.

Can you please advise solution or do I need to return the box?  Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you've had some issues with the set up of the box. If you're still have issues can you let me know what happens when you try to select the language and move forward?

Do you get an error message or is it just unresponsive?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi. I just got a replacement box. Turns out it was a defective remote not
the box itself.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just received the box from amazon, and I have the same problem, I can't even select the language. It seems the box doesn't answer. What can I do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should I return the box?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

You might want to try changing the batteries in the remote. Also, as simple as this might sound point the remote directly at the front right hand corner of the box as this is where the sensor is.

If there is still an issue you will need to return the box to Amazon.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just bought a NowTv box from Currys online and the remote was diagnosed faulty by their tech team. They won't send a replacement after originally being told by 2 people I would and I can't get to a store as it's 12 miles away and I don't have a car. Any ideas where I go from here?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. I would recommend getting back in touch with Currys, if they have diagnosed the remote as faulty it is their responsibility to fix this. If they are not willing to send a replacement remote, their returns policy is clear that they will accept the return of faulty goods for an exchange or refund within 30 days (after 30 days they may insist on a repair instead but for a low value item I doubt they will bother).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Most retailers wont just replace the remote, it means opening another box. You would usually have to get the whole item replaced. If you ordered it online you can return the whole thing for either a replacmeent or refund within 30 days. Under regulations for online trade you are not responsible for the postage costs of returning a faulty item. They must either rufund any costs incurred by you for sending it back or provide a printable returns label with postage pre-paid. (Even if their T&C's say you have to pay, you dont!). Basically you should never be out of pocket for returning a faulty item.