cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

"Watch something new" pop up

I was watching the lastest episode of The Americans.  It was an enthralling slow-build episode with a subtle conclusion.  So I was extremely annoyed that, during the final scene, a message popped up inviting me to "Watch something new".

I hate pop-up ads and banners at the best of times.  But the ending of a show is the most important part, and to have it interrupted is very distracting.  Especially on a service I'm paying for!

To cap it all, if I click on the 'yes' option, I'm taken away from the show I'm currently watching.  What's the point of that?

If you absolutely must have these pop ups (and I'm not convinced you do) then why not have them 20 seconds from the end when, almost always, the credits will be rolling?  Or, better yet, after I've finished watching my show?

I love the content on Now TV, but this has made me genuinely angry.  I know I shouldn't be bothered by something so trivial, but I really don't want this on a service I have to pay for. 

Please remove these pop ups as soon as possible.  Thank you.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 I don't usually sit with the remote in my hand and I'm not going to start now due to a badly implemented buggy forced function.

I also turn it off on Netflix as that is my preference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nurse Jackie S07E06 (20 secs early)

Inside the Actors Studio (with Matthew McConaughey) is 30 secs early (this is another programme that continues to the end whilst credits are rolling). This episode is listed on Now TV as S01E01 (but is actually S20E01).

There is a programme on ITV Encore listed as itv_smoke_9031 (not sure what it is, I assume this is the name of the file).

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

The pop-up appears a few seconds too early on episode 2 of The Last Panthers.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM thanks, fed that one back. What do you think of The Last Panthers by the way? I'm really enjoying it so far. Maybe one for another topic...

Tom

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@DarylM thanks, fed that one back. What do you think of The Last Panthers by the way? I'm really enjoying it so far. Maybe one for another topic...

Tom

@Anonymous User  First episode was great with the heist, action and plenty of twists.  Second episode could only slow down after that, but worth sticking with for the 6 episodes.

The cast is amazing (Samantha Morton and John Hurst!).  And I have no idea how they managed to get David Bowie's new song for the opening credits.

I'm also of the opinion that multi-lingual dramas can be really effective.  I don't mind subtitles, so it's a good mix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM wrote:

I'm also of the opinion that multi-lingual dramas can be really effective.  I don't mind subtitles, so it's a good mix.

I have no problem with subtitled shows, although I often get thrown when they drop to English and they disappear. (Although for Last Panthers this is less of an issue as it's clearly mixed)

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have no problem with subtitled shows, although I often get thrown when they drop to English and they disappear. (Although for Last Panthers this is less of an issue as it's clearly mixed)

I agree that it's confusing when characters drop into English for a bit and the subtitles go within a scene (as sometimes happened in Borgen).  For a moment I can lose the thread because I've been reading the subtitles and so I'm not really listening to the dialogue.  Takes a few seconds to realise they've switched to English.

But it's fine when different scenes are in different languages, such as Last Panthers and Saboteurs (which was on More4).  Before Saboteurs, I wasn't sure that approach could work.  But that show really won me over.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Modern Family S07E06 (41 secs early) Criminal Minds S11E06 (24 secs early)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Middle S07E05 (1 minute early)

The Flash S02E07 (54 secs early)

@Anonymous User The popups are (mostly) occuring on the same programmes (each time), is anything being done to prevent the problems?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User yeah, the development team are working on it, but it requires a change to the app which has to fit into our release schedule. It's unfortunate but I can't offer a timescale on when that will happen.

Thanks for continuing to feed these back.

Tom