cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

"Watch something new" pop up

I was watching the lastest episode of The Americans.  It was an enthralling slow-build episode with a subtle conclusion.  So I was extremely annoyed that, during the final scene, a message popped up inviting me to "Watch something new".

I hate pop-up ads and banners at the best of times.  But the ending of a show is the most important part, and to have it interrupted is very distracting.  Especially on a service I'm paying for!

To cap it all, if I click on the 'yes' option, I'm taken away from the show I'm currently watching.  What's the point of that?

If you absolutely must have these pop ups (and I'm not convinced you do) then why not have them 20 seconds from the end when, almost always, the credits will be rolling?  Or, better yet, after I've finished watching my show?

I love the content on Now TV, but this has made me genuinely angry.  I know I shouldn't be bothered by something so trivial, but I really don't want this on a service I have to pay for. 

Please remove these pop ups as soon as possible.  Thank you.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

107 REPLIES 107
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Gordonstoun A Different Class Ep 2 has the pop up appearing 30 seconds before the credits roll, same as last week.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @DarylM@Andy and @Anonymous User, I've fed those all back too.

Cheers,

Tom

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Gordonstoun A Different Class Ep 3 has the pop up appearing 30 seconds before the credits roll, same as last week ... and the week before that. Must remember to have remote poised ready next time 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Middle S07E04 (1 minute early)

Tales of the Unexpected

S04E11 (17 secs early)

S04E12 (30 secs early)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks again, fed back again 🙂

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We need to be able to disable these intrusive popups as they also cause the screen to dim.  To make it even worse, if you rewind and play to watch the section of the paid program which was interupted the popup reappears at the same point!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as explained earlier in the topic, there aren't currently any plans to enable customers to switch this feature off.

The popups are appearing too early on some shows on the NOW TV Box at the moment, and that's due to a technical issue which we're working to fix. We absolutely don't want them to interrupt a show - they should be appearing during the end credits.

Whilst we work on this, we're asking customers to let us know if they spot any which appear too early, as there's a temporary workaround we can apply to affected episodes.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'd prefer the option to turn them off, I don't even want them over the end credits of paid content!  If paying customers wishes are not to be considered then this service is becoming less worth having like other Murdoch ripoffs.

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User I'd prefer the option to turn them off, I don't even want them over the end credits of paid content!

+1 from me. I do understand that some customers want & like this particular feature, but what about those who don't want or like it? Netflix has a similar feature to easily enable "binge watching" of consecutive episodes. But we've turned that feature "off" so that when an episode ends, it ends and we decide what to watch next.

@Anonymous User wrote:

If paying customers wishes are not to be considered then this service is becoming less worthwhile.

Agreed. It seems like a bit of a "my way or the highway" approach as far as this feature is concerned. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @dr_necessitor that's not at all the case. I'm just being honest with you that even if we do introduce that feature, it's unlikely it'll be any time soon. It's not something we can just enable overnight.

I'm just being completely honest with you about it, and trying to explain that this feature is something a heck of a lot of people asked for. I know you can't please everybody, so I'm sure we'll consider the option to disable it in the future, but I can't offer any information about if or when that'll happen.

Tom