cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

"Watch something new" pop up

I was watching the lastest episode of The Americans.  It was an enthralling slow-build episode with a subtle conclusion.  So I was extremely annoyed that, during the final scene, a message popped up inviting me to "Watch something new".

I hate pop-up ads and banners at the best of times.  But the ending of a show is the most important part, and to have it interrupted is very distracting.  Especially on a service I'm paying for!

To cap it all, if I click on the 'yes' option, I'm taken away from the show I'm currently watching.  What's the point of that?

If you absolutely must have these pop ups (and I'm not convinced you do) then why not have them 20 seconds from the end when, almost always, the credits will be rolling?  Or, better yet, after I've finished watching my show?

I love the content on Now TV, but this has made me genuinely angry.  I know I shouldn't be bothered by something so trivial, but I really don't want this on a service I have to pay for. 

Please remove these pop ups as soon as possible.  Thank you.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Anonymous User thanks folks, I've fed these back.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Tales of the Unexpected S02E04 has popup appearing at 1 min 18 sec from end (should be 55 sec from end).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks, just fed that one back.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

More Tales of the Unexpected

S02E05 (about 13 seconds early)

S02E07 (4 seconds early, but still affecting the scene)

I will keep an eye on this programme as I work  my way through the box sets.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User, the last one you reported has been fixed. I'll pass these on too.

Cheers,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Middle S03E07 ends too early.

Tales of the Unexpected:

S02E09 (11 seconds early)

S02E10 (7 secs early)

S03E02 (10 secs early)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks, fed them back again 🙂

Tom

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

The 'next episode' pop-up appears too early on Season 3 Ep 7 of Bob's Burgers on the black Now TV box.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

More Tales of the Unexpected:

S03E08 (29 seconds early)

S03E09 ( 1 minute early)

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

The pop-up also appears too early on S3E08 of Bob's Burgers.