cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

"Watch something new" pop up

I was watching the lastest episode of The Americans.  It was an enthralling slow-build episode with a subtle conclusion.  So I was extremely annoyed that, during the final scene, a message popped up inviting me to "Watch something new".

I hate pop-up ads and banners at the best of times.  But the ending of a show is the most important part, and to have it interrupted is very distracting.  Especially on a service I'm paying for!

To cap it all, if I click on the 'yes' option, I'm taken away from the show I'm currently watching.  What's the point of that?

If you absolutely must have these pop ups (and I'm not convinced you do) then why not have them 20 seconds from the end when, almost always, the credits will be rolling?  Or, better yet, after I've finished watching my show?

I love the content on Now TV, but this has made me genuinely angry.  I know I shouldn't be bothered by something so trivial, but I really don't want this on a service I have to pay for. 

Please remove these pop ups as soon as possible.  Thank you.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

107 REPLIES 107
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the continued feedback on this. We'll be making a change on a future software release to stop the popups from appearing as early as they do, but we have a manual workaround in the meantime.

If you can let us know any episodes where it comes up too early, I'll feed them back and we'll get them fixed.

Thanks,

Tom

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I too have noticed, the pop-up appearing to early on my Roku 3 for some shows one example of this would be "talking dead" episode three. It has happened on a few other shows as well, but I can't remember specifically what those are. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just to report that the subject of my original complaint - episodes of The Americans - now have the pop-ups appearing at exactly the right time.

But I will report that S6E10 of Nurse Jackie has the prompt come in about 12 seconds too early.  Nothing major, but still.

I also notice that the latest episodes of each show have no "watch something new" pop ups.  Have these been removed when there is no next episode?

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here we are in 2019 and you STILL haven’t fixed it

There is no way this something you fix show by show or episode by episode.

please fix the whole problem. After 4 years of customer feedback you surely should have done this simple thing. 

Never a problem with Netflix or Amazon !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, I started something! The shows we had problems with were scandal (end of season 2 I think) and this morning it upset my 6 year old watching paw patrol. (Kids are very demanding these days)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User regardless of the timing, can we have a setting within the Apps please, where we can choose to turn this feature on or off.  I do not want it, period.  I agree with some of the previous posters that this has made me quite annoyed.  I am paying for content, and I want to see it all the way to the end (credits included) without things spoiling the screen.  Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'll feed that back, but it's unlikely that that would be introduced. I don't want to set an expectation that it will be.

The "cue next episode" functionality that it's part of is one of the main things customers have been asking for since we launched entertainment, so we know it's something that a high percentage of customers wanted.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  The Middle S07E02 has a popup 1 min 15 secs from the end

I seriously doubt that a high percentage of viewers want their screens partially obscured ruining their programmes. If you look at other popular forums, you will see that the over whelming majority are against these type of on screen graphics (including now and next banners).

I agree with @Anonymous User, if it is something people want or you insist on having, make it optional (and have the best of both worlds)

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
@Anonymous User  The Middle S07E02 has a popup 1 min 15 secs from the end

I was about to report that, along with another issue with the episode on the black Now TV box.  There's a break where the ads would be.  But the screen goes to black for a few seconds too long.