cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

"Watch something new" pop up

I was watching the lastest episode of The Americans.  It was an enthralling slow-build episode with a subtle conclusion.  So I was extremely annoyed that, during the final scene, a message popped up inviting me to "Watch something new".

I hate pop-up ads and banners at the best of times.  But the ending of a show is the most important part, and to have it interrupted is very distracting.  Especially on a service I'm paying for!

To cap it all, if I click on the 'yes' option, I'm taken away from the show I'm currently watching.  What's the point of that?

If you absolutely must have these pop ups (and I'm not convinced you do) then why not have them 20 seconds from the end when, almost always, the credits will be rolling?  Or, better yet, after I've finished watching my show?

I love the content on Now TV, but this has made me genuinely angry.  I know I shouldn't be bothered by something so trivial, but I really don't want this on a service I have to pay for. 

Please remove these pop ups as soon as possible.  Thank you.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

107 REPLIES 107
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

The pop-up prompt on Season 7 Episode 20 of The Middle appears a bit too early (i.e. before the dialogue has finished).

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DarylM,

Thanks for posting.

We'll get that flagged up, thanks for letting us know!

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does it on The Blacklist.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It happens when watching The Blacklist via PS4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

Will get that passed on for you.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I came here to find out how to switch off the "Watch the next episode"/"Watch something new" pop-up. But it seems there's no way to turn if off? I don't understand why anyone would think it was a good idea to have such a thing in the first place? How is it supposed to benefit anyone?

It's just annoying, so please get rid of it. It was a stupid idea.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  unfortunately you can't switch it off.   Trouble is you got one group clamouring for a quick way of watching the next episode as per netflix/amazon so they installed in it.  Then you get others who find it very annoying.  If you notice on any program it comes up before the end credits it is wise to flag that up on here so the Now technical team can move when it comes up.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

I was enjoying Ghostbuster Afterlife then during the second ending after the credits up popped "watch something new". The banner remained on screen obscuring the picture and spoiled the last two minutes of the movie. This feature to me is rubbish and entirely unnecessary and should be a configurable option. I understand that the service needs to upsell other products and there are some viewers who need help but don't spoil the content with an intrusive banner during the movie. If it is necessary, show it once the content has finished. I've paid for the content and expect it to be entirely in the original format.

Now team please sort this out.