cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Good evening,

For the past few weeks we have been unable to login to our NowTV account on the box/TV itself - therefore unable to make use of the Movies package.

Searched these forums for similar issues but none actually seemed to have a satisfactory resolution.

Used the forgotten password feature multiple times (and reset the box as part of that process) but keep getting the same message when signing in: "Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Correct username and password is definitely being entered.

Getting increasingly frustrated now as not getting what we paid for..

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

114 REPLIES 114
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User the problem you have is the apps across all devices have to be able to accept the same password.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 Yes, but surely that is a design issue at NOW TV? Why have they designed different apps for different hardware that accept different passwords. This isn't a very good experience for customers. The same passwords should be accepted across all platforms and hardware.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  what version is the Now TV app on your box?  Also is it a smart, black or white box?  It is just on various different app versions on different boxes I could key in a password with special characters.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is a brand new black box, that updated itself to the latest version of the software, when plugged in just a week ago. As I cannot get past the login screen, I can't see a way of giving you the version number.

I am fully aware that some special characters are available to use, but there are some very common ones that are missing, for example, the quotation mark aka U+0022. I had no problem on this very website creating a password that contained that character. Someone at NOW TV didn't complete their test schedule. There may be other common characters that are also missing. For example, the apostrophe character U+0027 was missing up until a couple of months ago.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

I'm sorry to hear you've had such trouble with this. 

Looking at the account sign in screen on a black box here the majority of special characters, including the quotation mark you mentioned. Are you using the Smart box at all? that's the larger box with freeview built in.

If you're able to provide a photo of what you're seeing so we can see for ourselves that'd be great. We can then feed this back to the developers for you.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you @Simon-J Simon for your response. I think it would be easier for you to show me what you see - then I can compare it to what I have at this end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use funny chars like á and double quotes in my password. Last time i signed in that still worked but maybe a recent update has changed something.

There is (or was?) four shift buttons on the right hand side of the keyboard that allow switching between capitals, numbers, double quotes and such, and the funny chars. (in think in that order from top-bottom).

My not help but thought it might be worth to mention them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They do have various weird and wonderful symbols available to select. They have a "left double quotation mark" and a "right double quotation mark" but not a quotation mark, which is one of the most fundamental and widely used characters on a UK keyboard.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone at NOW TV even looked into this issue? Does NOW TV even care?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dave,

I too have now experienced this is issue, I wen to use my new NOW TV Smart Box, I bought it after Chrismas, last night and found that it wasn't logged into the NOW TV App. I tried repeatedly to login and even resorted to a Support Chat but this all came to no end and it was decided that I should take it back to Currys and get a replacement. So that is what I will be doing. I will post the result of that change later.

I will mention that I reset passwords, even though they were known and work fine on a PC and my iPhone. I also removed the device from the device list but all to no avail.

Ian.