cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Good evening,

For the past few weeks we have been unable to login to our NowTV account on the box/TV itself - therefore unable to make use of the Movies package.

Searched these forums for similar issues but none actually seemed to have a satisfactory resolution.

Used the forgotten password feature multiple times (and reset the box as part of that process) but keep getting the same message when signing in: "Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Correct username and password is definitely being entered.

Getting increasingly frustrated now as not getting what we paid for..

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital

That was it. It seems they are URL decoding the password on their server. Therefore, I typed in the encoded version of the special characters in my password on my box and it worked. Didn't have to remove the special characters from my password.

You can look up the URL encoded values here: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp or google for "url encoder online tool".

For example, if your password is $%Hello, you would type %24%25Hello into the black box. Also for people with a quote character in the password, try typing %22 instead of the quote. The server seems to decode to the correct password.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital

That was it. It seems they are URL decoding the password on their server. Therefore, I typed in the encoded version of the special characters in my password on my box and it worked. Didn't have to remove the special characters from my password.

You can look up the URL encoded values here: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp or google for "url encoder online tool".

For example, if your password is $%Hello, you would type %24%25Hello into the black box. Also for people with a quote character in the password, try typing %22 instead of the quote. The server seems to decode to the correct password.

Thanks as well. Worked for me too but could not log into one of the apps beacause of unrecognised password. Will probably have to reset password with one with no special characters.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a Now TV box today, but when I try to login it keeps saying the "Sorry, we did not recognise your username or password". I have tried to reset the password but this did not help. I am able to login both on my PC and on the iPad app but not on the NowTV box 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable
EuanLivi after turning on and off modem and resetting the box itself didnt work i have went into my account and changed the password and logged in again on all devices. i was told that the fact that i have a special character in my password was causing the problem. worth a try anyway.... hope this helps
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally after 3 days of trying and live chat no help discovered from reading this forum that it was a % in my password causing the problem. All working now but still have fingers crossed.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Finally after 3 days of trying and live chat no help discovered from reading this forum that it was a % in my password causing the problem.

Nice one @Anonymous User... It has indeed been quite a problem Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to sign in using a box on my bedroom tv. Ive reset my password umpteen times, spoke to 3 people on live chat and still can't sign in. 

I can can sign in on my iPad and phone and on my front room tv all using apps but this Toshiba tv hasn't got the app on it. 

So annoying !!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
have you tried resetting password to not contain any special characters?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes. I've not got any numbers or characters in my password. 

Tried again this morning and still nothing. It's let me log on here fine and the apps. 

First time I've ever used a box to connect it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried talking to 3 people this morning regarding this on live chat and all of them have ignored me. I've been waiting near on 5 minutes for this person to respond on live chat. Not much LIVE going on. Is it tea break time there !!