cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Good evening,

For the past few weeks we have been unable to login to our NowTV account on the box/TV itself - therefore unable to make use of the Movies package.

Searched these forums for similar issues but none actually seemed to have a satisfactory resolution.

Used the forgotten password feature multiple times (and reset the box as part of that process) but keep getting the same message when signing in: "Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Correct username and password is definitely being entered.

Getting increasingly frustrated now as not getting what we paid for..

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two Black Boxes - Model 4200SK - Roku 3 - Software: Version 7.0 Build 9612 - Working OK

Logging onto bothe black boxes works and NOWTV looks normal but as soon as you try to watch anything it demmands you log onto NOWTV (again) but it always comes up with an error message saying we don't recognise your logon details.

Have tried hard and soft reboot, reset password and tried logging on with email address and user name , unplugged and plugged back in to no avail.

This is a paid for service and to be unable to access it via NOWTV boxes since last Tuesday 14th Feb is unacceptable. As somebody who has worked in IT (fixing errors) this looks like it could be an error with these boxes communicating with the server. The last software update that was applied was last November and works with the white boxes so is unlikely to be the software on the box or with user logons as they seem to work on other equipment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem.

Model 4200SK - Roku 3 Software version 7.0 build 9612.

I can log in on other devices using my account credentials, but not on my NOW TV box.

Looking at other posts it appears that this issue has been around for at least a couple of days now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Fixed it for me too. Many thanks!

How does this happen!?
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

You know something Guys,

It has been known for some time that special, non-alphabetical, characters cause the NowTV boxes problems, I'm surprised that none of you mentioned that you were using these characters in your passwords because if you did your individual problems would have been solved a lot sooner than it was.

Anyway, glad you are all now OK.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Y'all know that's actually a huge cyber security problem that just got unearthed right? 

Hackers now know that they can eliminate special characters from attempts to crack NOW TV accounts.  That makes NOW TV online accounts super vulnerable.

NOW TV - I recommend if that is the issue, you may need to escalate it to your cyber security team ASAP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User Bob

That doesn't explain how our accounts have worked for months, nor why only one type of device was affected.

Sounds more like a dodgy update to me. And if it's a known issue, why didn't tech support see fit to mention it?

In any event, why on earth can't they fix it?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - root cause must be a recent software update applied to that model of NOWTV box a few days ago that caused usage of special characters in passwords to fail.  Although changing to a non-secure password without special characters is a workaround (make the password very, very long if you do) the fix is for the box to be restored to accepting passwords with special characters.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

AS the Now TV team haven't bothered to respond back to me on this post despite giving them all the info they asked for, I have managed to find a solution thanks to user Vyeking (who also experienced the same problem as many of us).

this is his post from another thread, explaining the problem and how to resolve it.

Thanks Vyeking!

Well that's 3 hours of my life I won't get back but have it working again. Issue seemed to be a % character in my password. If anyone has the same issue then worth trying a password with no special characters in the first instance - although really this defect shouldn't have slipped through testing!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh that's an interesting thought and it would figure as I've always use them in mine. I wonder if there has been a bug introduced with the latest firmware update?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly the same problem. I have been able to log-in via smart TV and on PC using user name & password as normal (notably the password did include the "%" character) but, for no reason, the Now TV black box would not recognise log-in details a couple of days ago.

I reset the box and also changed the password (although still with a "%" character in it) and still had the same problem.

I then noticed User Vyeking's solution ("don't use a special character in your password, + % ,etc"), set a new password and it worked!

Thanks very much User Vyeking!