NOW TV Team

Re: Small Black NOWYV boxes does not accept logon details

Hi @Biffoboy

Can you tell me which username you are using to log in with?

Cheers

Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

Two Black Boxes - Model 4200SK - Roku 3 - Software: Version 7.0 Build 9612 - Working OK

Logging onto bothe black boxes works and NOWTV looks normal but as soon as you try to watch anything it demmands you log onto NOWTV (again) but it always comes up with an error message saying we don't recognise your logon details.

Have tried hard and soft reboot, reset password and tried logging on with email address and user name , unplugged and plugged back in to no avail.

This is a paid for service and to be unable to access it via NOWTV boxes since last Tuesday 14th Feb is unacceptable. As somebody who has worked in IT (fixing errors) this looks like it could be an error with these boxes communicating with the server. The last software update that was applied was last November and works with the white boxes so is unlikely to be the software on the box or with user logons as they seem to work on other equipment.

Occasional Poster

[ Edited ]

User Name: *************

I have also tried using my email address and the userr name in lower case

Highlighted
NOW TV Team

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that @Biffoboy  i'll pass your details on hope to have this resolved soon. You can use other devices in the meantime if you like.

Cheers

Eddie

First Poster

I have exactly the same problem.

Model 4200SK - Roku 3 Software version 7.0 build 9612.

I can log in on other devices using my account credentials, but not on my NOW TV box.

Looking at other posts it appears that this issue has been around for at least a couple of days now.

Occasional Poster

Version 7.0 Build 9612
Occasional Poster

I am getting the same issue on the Roku 3 black boxes. A hard reset allows me to input username and password with success, can even verify this in System > About which shows the box is tied to my account. However upon trying to watch anything through the NOWTV app on the box it asks for username and password which it simply will not accept even though I am 100% sure it is correct.

Occasional Poster

Meant to say Software version is also version 7.0 build 9612 

Occasional Poster

Well that's 3 hours of my life I won't get back but have it working again. Issue seemed to be a % character in my password. If anyone has the same issue then worth trying a password with no special characters in the first instance - although really this defect shouldn't have slipped through testing! 

First Poster

Mate you are a genius, I to had a % character in my password which I have now removed an hey presto its working. NOW should provide you with some sort of reward for finding the solution to an issue they were unable to resolve. Thanks heaps