cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Good evening,

For the past few weeks we have been unable to login to our NowTV account on the box/TV itself - therefore unable to make use of the Movies package.

Searched these forums for similar issues but none actually seemed to have a satisfactory resolution.

Used the forgotten password feature multiple times (and reset the box as part of that process) but keep getting the same message when signing in: "Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Correct username and password is definitely being entered.

Getting increasingly frustrated now as not getting what we paid for..

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that's 3 hours of my life I won't get back but have it working again. Issue seemed to be a % character in my password. If anyone has the same issue then worth trying a password with no special characters in the first instance - although really this defect shouldn't have slipped through testing! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mate you are a genius, I to had a % character in my password which I have now removed an hey presto its working. NOW should provide you with some sort of reward for finding the solution to an issue they were unable to resolve. Thanks heaps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well that's 3 hours of my life I won't get back but have it working again. Issue seemed to be a % character in my password. If anyone has the same issue then worth trying a password with no special characters in the first instance - although really this defect shouldn't have slipped through testing! 

Thank you Vyeking, worked for me too.

top work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Biffoboy - I have exactly the same issues.  I have 4 NOW TV devices and two are working and the other two suddenly stopped.  These are the first ones that I bought.  I have tried resetting, changing passwords ect but they will not allow me to log in and watch anything.    I hope this can be sorted ASAP.   I shall watch and wait to see what NOW TV say and hope that they can fix the issue.  It must be a software problem.  Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you provide your Box details also the more information we have around the issue the quicker we can get it resolved also at which stage does it ask you to log in can you log in then go to watch something and it asks you to login again or it it just asking you to login when you try to do anything on the box?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie

The details for both boxes are as follows:

Model :2400SK - Roku LT                                                      Model: 2400SK - Roku LT

Serial No: 1MM56K002286                                                   Serial No: 1MM56R002415

Version 7.0 build 9612                                                             Ver4sion 7.0 build 9612

The boxes look as though they are working properly.  You can go in to the different areas and pick a programme and as soon as you go to watch it, the system asks you to "sign in".  And you put in all the correct details and it tells you that the details are incorrect!   Also when you are in the systerm area, at the very top it says "NOW TV Account - Not Available".  

I hope the above is helpful for you to fix this issue.  Thank you.  I will await your response.

Regards

Babsybee

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

We have raised these details to Roku the manufactuer of the Boxes and Software to see if this cna be resolved and when.

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you tell us which username you are using to log in with? As we think it may be the incorrect one?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the same problem, the box has been working fine for months till yesterday. I've tried logging on using username & email address combinations, but neither work on the now tv box, but the account works fine from the now tv app on an iPhone or from the web. I've also tried changing the password but still no joy

Model 4200sk
Sw version 7.0 build 9612

Anonymous User
Not applicable

FYA

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have two of the small black boxes and one older white box - all in use.  Both black boxes suddenly decided to stop accepting my logon details for no apparent reason.  I have tried all the fixes as advised by the technical team - hard and soft reset, unplugging cables, switching off and on (the old fave) and reset my password twice.  My logon works OK on the white box and other devices.  So far nobody from NOWTV has been able to offer any kind of fix - they have escalated the problem but nothing from them yet.

Has anybody else been having similar problems?   It seems likley that this is either a problem with the software on the box or something with the connection to NOWTV.

White Box - Model 2400SK - Roku LT  - Software: Version 7.0 Build 9612 - Working OK

Two Black Boxes - Model 4200SK - Roku 3 - Software: Version 7.0 Build 9612 - Working OK

Logging onto bothe black boxes works and NOWTV looks normal but as soon as you try to watch anything it demmands you log onto NOWTV (again) but it always comes up with an error message saying we don't recognise your logon details.

Have tried hard and soft reboot, reset password and tried logging on with email address and user name , unplugged and plugged back in to no avail.

This is a paid for service and to be unable to access it via NOWTV boxes since last Tuesday 14th Feb is unacceptable.  As somebody who has worked in IT (fixing errors) this looks like it could be an error with these boxes communicating with the server.  The last software update that was applied was last November and works with the white boxes so is unlikely to be the software on the box or with user logons as they seem to work on other equipment.

Are we going to be compensated for loss of service????