cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

parental controls for adult content

Is it just me, or is it possible to set the parental controls so they only block adult content?I have it set to 18 and above, but it is blocking programs like Supergirl. She does wear quite a short skirt, but I really doubt this is rated 18.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

She does wear quite a short skirt, but I really doubt this is rated 18.

Short? It's positively disgraceful!

Seriously though, there's nothing you can do to improve the situation at the moment. The problem is at NOW TV's end. They are aware of the issue, but until they become more accurate in identifying and assigning the correct certificate for content they've taken an over cautious view to ensure nothing inappropriate slips through. 

So at the moment the only solution is to keep entering the parental PIN if you want to protect children from viewing certain content.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a concern that Vimeo has adult content on it: nudity etc that I wouldn't want my nephews accessing however the Vimeo app is rated all ages when it really should be rated adult because of some of the content on there. Can Now TV re-rate this app as adult OR can they enforce a PIN so that it cannot be downloaded without entering the parental PIN first?   Thanks   Anon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The PIN you add via your account is only for NOW TV content. For Vimeo you may need to contact their support directly to ask whether they have any parental pins available.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm strange, it should be there. When you click my account you should get a menu and the parental controls option is listed under 'my now tv', which I about half way down the list. I cant think of any reason why it would not be available to you, maybe try another browser?