cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv box keeps rebooting

up until I turned now tv box off to move it both my boxes worked fine but I unplugged it from the mains to swap my room around and now I've plugged it back in all I get it constant rebooting from the black box and now the white box which I brought down from bedroom. white one constantly roboots and the black one reboots the stays on a black screen I can't get to any menus or anything. I've tried the reset button on the back. anyone have any ideas on what it could be?
9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

It's not a problem at your end, NOW TV have identified an issue causing this and have posted a message about it here

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is an update.

For anyone else reading this I'd recommend not doing a reset of the box, just wait for an update from NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, Thanks for your reply, your link will not allow me access to this page, all i get is Access Denied and You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Do you have any other way to link to this... I have just bought a new black box and watched it for a week until this happened.. Before i return it and buy something better do you have a resolution date

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The issue mentioned above was resolved later that day which is why the link is no longer valid. Were you having that particular problem on the day? If so it should have started working again early evening, but try unplugging your box from the mains for a few minutes and then powering back up again.

If that doesn't help post back with a quick explanation of what's happening now and someone should be able to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Are you able to have a think on @Andy's post and let us know if you're still experiencing issues?

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this problem - STILL. It’s ridiculous except now it’s every 10 seconds I can’t even get to my menu! Can you please help?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

how do we perform the update if the box keeps rebooting? mine literally stays on for about 10 seconds and just reboots, and is stuck in this loop, how can I make my box function again?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot read the reply either. I have spoken to now TV three times now on their live chat line and three times I have been promised an email to let me know what to do. I'm still waiting!! Getting quite cross now, it's resetting every night once or twice and we have to wait , find the program, fast forward and start watching again! Ahhhr!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm thinking this site is a possibility take. I see no answers to the topic.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

No, the site is entirely genuine.

But this is almost entirely a user to user Community, with the regular responders being volunteers (as I am), who aren’t going to respond to topics where they have no help to offer,  except perhaps to guide people towards the official NowTV support, the interactive Live Chat, where that seems merited.

But if anyone has a problem with their NowTV service, and they can state clearly what it is, then they should find help being offered. As it is in the vast majority of topics posted here.

You can though, perhaps understand the reciprocal frustration felt by volunteers and Community staff alike when people you think you are helping just disappear, as with the Admin @Rob-T’s post above.

Did the user solve their problem with the advice given, or find an answer elsewhere? Or just shrug their shoulder, toss the NowTV device in the bin, and go elsewhere?

We never find out.....😢

But please state your problem, with a bit of background, rather than a reference to a vague malaise from 2016, and see if we can’t rustle up a reply for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.