cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv box in holiday home

Bought new box for holiday home. OK for us with now tv account and pin, also have Sky account and pin at home address.

We let the holiday home out, and want to ensure that guests can't order films etc through Sky Store. How do we set up pin for this, or does our Sky pin at home cover the now tv box ?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Welcome

Go to My Account /Payment Pin where you can set it up ( top right of forum page)

You'll need to set pin for NowTV as your Sky pin won't protect you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ta. So will the now tv pin which we have set up stop any Sky Store purchases by unauthorised people ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky store is independant app...

it has no links to the NowTV account...

it requires the sky store account be linked to the SkyID independantly to even start purchasing...

You use the Skystore.com web site to manage the sky store app... 

https://www.skystore.com/myaccount/account

Its there you manage the pin numbers...

snapshot377.jpg 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Are you sure this is wise? What are you going to do if the box is logged out for any reason? Give a potential stranger your account details?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the Sky Store payment PIN is different from the NOW TV payment PIN. You can manage it via the Sky Store website here https://www.skystore.com/myaccount/account

Although I suggest making sure both are enabled to stop guests from also purchasing the expensive Sport Passes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. Both pins now enabled, hope this keeps the bills down...

Can guests "sign us out" on our box ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User guest could sign out, or even factory reset the box. Hopefully they'll be sensible and enjoy the fact that you are allowing them to watch TV you've paid for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know if it 's possible to hide the "my account" details on the page that pops up when you press the now tv button on the remote ? Or simply disable this button ?? This would stop anyone except me from signing out...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not possible, but even if you did manage to use software to stop them logging out, a factory reset would have a similar result.