cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv box and Roku Express both having connection problems

I have two Now tv boxes and one Roku Express and no matter what i do if i put a wifi  range extender close to the Now tv box or Roku box or move their location i have either excellent or good signal for wifi connectivity on the boxes and i get the box constantly buffering or it stops working when watching something and says not connected then it switches and says connected and then back to not connected then oops something has happend etc i dont know if this is a hardware or software problem with the boxes or not my post code is EX10 OLE  and i have Plusnet as ISP and have a netgear nighthawk D7000 v2 as my  main router and a netgear night hawk range extender EX7000 yet no matter what i do i cant fix the connection issues and buffering problems. can someone help me i have tried everything i can think of software updates for the boxes, resetting network setting and reconnecting the now tv boxes and Roku box hard resets and factory resets nothing has worked even had Roku box replaced with a new one thinking maybe i had faulty device but the same happend.   

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have you rebooted the router and the range extender?

If you have an Android phone, download Wifi Analyzer Classic onto it. With this, you can see what your WiFi signal is doing, whether it is really going up and down, or just cutting out, and maybe even form an opinion if the problem is between device and router, or between router and PlusNet.

You might also consider temporarily switching the extender off, in case the issue is that your devices are hunting between that and the router.

If the issue is external, obviously you next step is to talk to PlusNet.

BT are quite happy that I have a Nighthawk and not one of their Home Hubs, though I do know that if push comes to shove, I will need to put their router back on and demonstrate the problem with that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am right next door to the local exchange and it does not matter if i have the range extender or not same problem device location does not matter as the box is out in the open no other device near it which can stop signal from router same problem and the now tv and Roku boxes i have are not hunting between connections i have checked the connection settings they are still connected to same access point i set them up to does not matter what access point i use same problem connection problems i think it is a hardware or software problem on Now tv and Roku devices as i have read others having same problem but as yet i have tried a lot of things to fix and nothing works. thanks for the help though