cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now router

so im a new member of now broadband, could somebody tell me if the router they sent me is standard issue, plastic only two out connections and can't be mounted to the wall, this is absolutely the worst router I have ever been giving there dosent seem to be anywhere on line that I can query this so hoping someone can enlighten me

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You’ve posted this in the wrong section. The NOW black box is the old streaming box and not the router.

What you’ve received is what NOW provide for a router. You can try using another router instead, which if you do a search on the forum you will see plenty of threads that mention the router being rubbish and how to set up another third party router.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

My very fine BT router is plastic, and you are cordially invited to think whether there might be issues with metal-encased ones? This one also can’t be mounted to the wall; and though it has one more Out connection than yours, it’s not enough for me, so I feed one port into an 8-way switch, £16 from Curry’s:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/computing/networking/network-switches

Plastic, but twice that price will get you a metal one. (Switches don’t have to radiate WiFi).

It sounds, though, as though you have just unpacked this router and looked at it, and not actually tried to use it yet.

I can’t wait for your posting from when you do 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.