cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now app disappeared

I have 2 black boxes. On one of them the NOW app has disappeared and so no home page.  I have switched it off and left for an hour - that didn't work. So I did a factory reset and that didn't work. 

Any help would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This new layout is certainly not user friendly. It makes finding NOW content very complicated. My other box is still in the old format and no problem. I can only hope the next update makes life easier. Thanks for comments.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

As a workaround to access the NowTV App, try this below.

Go to Apps Store, then highlight and click on the NowTV App, then select and click Go to App.

This is a little long winded but gets you into the front end of the NowTV App.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

All, it is my opinion that as the NowTV boxes/sticks are primarily intended to play NowTV content, the decision was made to make The NowTV app the user interface. If anyone is missing the old menu, simply press the “back” button on the remote. You may also have noticed that the options on the home screen is now active, and no longer greyed out.

I’ve been using the new interface since early March (I think I can now own up to that), and can promise you that you will soon get used to it. Also, it is now similar to the NowTV app on YouView  boxes, so there is obviously a desire to have a uniform interface/appearance across all devices/platforms.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wouldn't it be nice if they warned users when big changes are taking place. I guess I will have to get used to the new format. thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, that works but a long way round 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried the long way to get to app and it works for me, for now. While i was there i also made sure to click and submit all the relevant feedback options that applied, including confusing user interface! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for your help. Guess I will have to live with it and hope my other box doesn't follow suit!