cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now app disappeared

I have 2 black boxes. On one of them the NOW app has disappeared and so no home page.  I have switched it off and left for an hour - that didn't work. So I did a factory reset and that didn't work. 

Any help would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Adi

If the Now TV app has vanished, as you said, you should be able to reload it from the Sky/Now TV app store.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried that but when I go to App store, there is no option to download; it only gives me option of 'go to app'.  If I click on that, it takes me to the NOW home page.. In other words the box seems to know that the app is available but it's just not visible.  The only way to get to the content is to go to the App store and click on the 'go to app' but that's a long route to the content every time I switch on. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Adi

OK, under the "Go to app" option should be a "Remove app" option as well, therefore you should use this option to get rid of the defective app and then re-add a new Now TV app.

However, I would suggest you give the removal and re-addition of the Now TV app a few minutes before each action.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for trying to help but there is no 'remove app'. It's as if the
box thinks the app is installed but in the background.
ADi
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black box had lost now tv app and it’s not even in app stores!?? 
Tried update but no different. 
my white box just stopped working is the black one the same? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV have dropped all support to the white NowTV boxes since the 6th of October 2020.

The Black Boxes are still totally supported, what you are seeing on the black box is the new NowTV look layout and since the last software rollout a few days ago NowTV have decided in their wisdom (don't know the reasoning behind it) to remove the NowTV App from both the My Apps and now Apps Store section on their branded devices.

I find the best was to navigate to the NowTV content is whilst on the home screen navigate down the vertical tiles on the left hand side and for example if you have an Entertainment Pass click on the orange coloured ticket in the box, this will then open up the NowTV Entertainment sections.

Should you want live NowTV then just highlight and click on the TV Guide box in the top left hand corner and pick the NowTV live channel you want to watch from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the help 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the box that is not showing the NowTV App is on the newer latest software version.

You can check this by going into Settings > Systems > About where i believe the newer software version is 9.2.3 build 5136.

For some unknown reason NowTV in their wisdom decided not to keep the NowTV App in their My Apps section and you have to access NowTV Content via the main Home Screen page from now on.

I would expect your other box to get the newer firmware soon.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi Schnapps

You said, "...NowTV in their wisdom decided not to keep the NowTV App in their My Apps section and you have to access NowTV Content via the main Home Screen page from now on."

You know, maybe I'm being simple, because this makes no sense to me, i.e. why make things difficult for your users?  In fact, this only makes sense if Adi's device is in a transitional faze, between the current temporary display and on the way to a new and improved one. And even then, that way of thinking is a bit of a stretch.

Right now, on my Roku 3, I still have the Now TV app installed and currently the only difference I can see, when accessed, is how the Home Page is displayed.

Finally, it seems that Now TV are implementing some substantial changes, which at this time may not be a good idea unless they have a full compliment of software programming staff/contractors.

UK Bob