cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

no images

Since I got the latest software update last week my now tv box isn't showing images on any of the lists or menus. The text is there, but the pictures are missing, just a frame with the now tv logo for each programme. And on the watch live menu all the channel logos are missing. The programmes play fine, but without the images it's a pain to see what you're selectimg, particularly on duplicated shows like scandal or criminal minds which show up multiple times on the watchlist because of the duplications bug. I've already checked for further updates and done a reset, but neither option helped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am on BT infinity and my box is fine, maybe try step 6 in this trouble shooting help guide (even if it says your software is up to date).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-steps-for-the-Roku-player

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just wondering who is your ISP, where a few members are having issues with their boxes since the latest nowtv updates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got bt infinity broadband, the speed is fine, and nothing else web connected seems to have a problem, it's just the nowtv black box, the stick and online app are working fine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am on BT infinity and my box is fine, maybe try step 6 in this trouble shooting help guide (even if it says your software is up to date).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just another thought, your nowtv box maybe effected with a bug in the software (reported in this thread linked below) where it sounds similar to what you are currently experiencing on your box ?

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Cinema/MOVIES-BROWSING-ISSUES/td-p/461076

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip, forcing a redo of the update worked a treat, and the images are all back Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem, for at least the last 2 weeks (cant accurately recal when I first noticed) all the preview images have vanished replaced with a placeholder box with "Now Tv" in it or a blank image. No problems watching programs just missing every single preview picture for every single program.

I have unplugged the Now box and let it restart and I think that worked for a day but now its back to placeholder preview images.

I am btinternet and have the box connected wirelessly to my router.

I've just done the forced update following the instructions on ste 6 of 

It did go through the updating process but didnt fix the preview placeholder image problem.

So I unplugged the Now box from the power (and the TV) and left it for 5 minutes, plugged both cables back in and the preview images are back everywhere.

Not quite the order suggested but it seemed to work for now... fingers crossed it carries on working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and then 3 days later (22 April) its gone back to blanks or placeholder preview images.
Another forced update via the secret screen... which solves it again (for a few more days?)

Was NowTVs last update buggy?
Surely customers arent going to have to keep doing this ad nauseum. Theres going to be a permanent fix isnt there?

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same problem, for at least the last 2 weeks (cant accurately recal when I first noticed) all the preview images have vanished replaced with a placeholder box with "Now Tv" in it or a blank image. No problems watching programs just missing every single preview picture for every single program.

I have unplugged the Now box and let it restart and I think that worked for a day but now its back to placeholder preview images.

It did go through the updating process but didnt fix the preview placeholder image problem.

So I unplugged the Now box from the power (and the TV) and left it for 5 minutes, plugged both cables back in and the preview images are back everywhere.

Not quite the order suggested but it seemed to work for now... fingers crossed it carries on working.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

and then 3 days later (25th April) the preview images are gone again. Turned it on today and the blanks / placeholders are back

HAVE TO ADMIT TO GETTING A WEE BIT PEE'D OFF WITH THIS NOW... is there a permanent fix out there or is this just bad hardware or software?

Bit like TSB customer facing software... released without proper testing or code oversight??? Unlike TSB the NowTV box people at SKY just dont seem to care that their customers are suffering from thier poor software design and testing.

@Anonymous User wrote:

and then 3 days later (22 April) its gone back to blanks or placeholder preview images.
Another forced update via the secret screen... which solves it again (for a few more days?)

Was NowTVs last update buggy?
Surely customers arent going to have to keep doing this ad nauseum. Theres going to be a permanent fix isnt there?

@Anonymous User wrote:

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is also happening to me. I think somebody needs to contact Roku. They missed a bug. Maybe they need more testers?